Good news Bad news Weight loss.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Madcyclist

That's great news, I certainly sympathise over the expense of a new wardrobe. I've lost a total of 5 stone since the turn of the year, the first 3 stone largely due to seperation from the wife. Since returning to cycling in May the weight loss has continued but at a steadier rate partially due to weight training 3 times a week aswell.

I'm attending a funeral tomorrow so have purchased a new suit, jacket is a 38 chest down from 44 and trousers 34 down from 42. Colleagues at work have got to the point where the normal comments are now that I shouldn't loose any more weight although I'm still a stone over my old racing weight of 20 years ago. Personally i'd just like to shed the last little bit around the middle.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Thank you all for your comments.The question how did i lose it?First out went the booze.Then the fryups whilst out cycling.Less biccies,cheese,eggs,chocolate,crisps.Wife got me low fat things inbiscuits and yoghurts.Get out anytime for a quick ride.Just come back from sharp 11/2 hr ride.Eating more fruit than i normally do.But the biggest thing is i retired so no quick nips to the canteen for a butty.I still eat well but in moderation.Not going without.Still have the red wine now and again.Out of boredom i used to eat three bars of chocolate a day.Eat sensibly and get out on the bike.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
That made me laugh also.Asked the wife what she wanted for xmas.A divorce.Iwas not planning to spend that much.

tyred

Legendary Member
I've lost just over four stone myself over the past two years or so. What amazed me recently was when I tried putting on a coat I hadn't worn for a while. It felt like drapping a pair of curtains over my shoulder. It's a wonderful feeling and I'm fit enough to cycle again without half killing myself in the process. I would recommend anyone who is thinking about losing weight to go ahead and do it. I never starved myself or never really cut out anything from my diet. It's just a question of moderation and looking back, 2 or 3 cans of coke everyday may have been a tad excessive!

tyred said:
I've lost just over four stone myself over the past two years or so. What amazed me recently was when I tried putting on a coat I hadn't worn for a while. It felt like drapping a pair of curtains over my shoulder. It's a wonderful feeling and I'm fit enough to cycle again without half killing myself in the process. I would recommend anyone who is thinking about losing weight to go ahead and do it. I never starved myself or never really cut out anything from my diet. It's just a question of moderation and looking back, 2 or 3 cans of coke everyday may have been a tad excessive!
That's the best bit, isn't it? Just cut out some of the worst of the c**p but still eat plenty and it all just happens. It's like a miracle!!

Big congratulations to everyone on the weight loss listed here.

Losidan

I have been trying to loose weight this year. I knew I had lost a little bit but thought it was marginal at best. I have concentrated on riding on a lunch time and a few weights sessions a week...while loosely following the diet I was told to do by the dieitition.

Last week I comfortably put on a pair of brand new trousers I have had in the wardrobe for over two years which I couldnt even get near. Also now got access to a load of old works shirts which were a size too small...I am well chuffed and want more...

I've still got loads to loose but it is great for the motivation:smile:

Top Bottom