Google scam help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I was asked by YouTube to verify my age by sending photo ID and proof of address. It was through YouTube site directly. I didn't. I think because my son always watches kids stuff, they maybe were alerted to discrepancies in content. Maybe google have done the same? Have you been googling Cbeebies?

bagpuss

Guru
If they have reason to believe you may not meet the age requirements, they can and will.

From the link given by Glasgowcyclist above:
The question then is how do they "learn that you may not be old enough to manage your own account"

By what sites you visit and any links you use .They know all of this . Ip addresses etc . Hence the pop up adds that only you see . .The internet is one big information resource for data about you .

JohnHughes307

Über Member
Yeah, I went through the same loop with PayPal back in the early 2010's. They insisted on me uploading ID, I refused and asked to close my account (that I barely used anyway), they said we can only process account closures via an online form, so I went to the form and it said you can't access it until you've provided us with ID. Even complaining to their customer services got nowhere, just round and round in a circle. Eventually I gave up and ignored their semi-regular emails about providing an ID - eventually after a few years they stopped sending any more, so I guess my account must have got closed due to lack of use.
I did exactly the same - raised all sorts of complaints to only end up back inexactly the same loop. They must be in breach of GDPR regs, but they are too inflexible to notice. PayPal's slow decline wasn't a surprise 😁

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm still using it on there?
Have you not also had to provide them your direct bank details, they refused to allow me to have my paid items into PayPal although the buyer had paid by PayPal?

midlife

Guru
The strange one is that Ebay who own PayPal have moved away from it

I thought eBay spun off PayPal and they no longer own it?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I've never changed anything since first using it well over ten years ago. They do have my bank details.

Me too. I've been using them for over 10 years and it's my preferred method of payment for everything, from bike parts to takeaways - and is also the reason why I will never use Amazon, until they start taking payments via PayPal.

Paypal have never asked me for ID, although there are some two step verification processes now in place, that weren't there before

On rare occaisions I have been ripped off (eBay or otherwise) I have always been able to get my money back.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
It was legit, I sent a picture in the end. More comfortable than bank details. We are just stuck in a digital world unless we live off grid.

Top Bottom