Got a Brooks B17 Narrow off e-bay.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have a regular Brooks B17 on my Tricross which I find to be as comfy as a comfy thing. Been suffering a bit trying to do distances on my Secteur, so when I saw this on e-bay I put in a bid of £37 and won it. I am hoping it is as good as the photo looks, and that the "narrow" version of the B17 is as comfortable as the normal one. It should arrive midweek, so once it's on the bike there will only be one way to find out if it IS comfortable for longer rides..... :smile:

Manonabike

Über Member
Funny, I saw that too and I wanted to put a bid but I completely forgot :smile:

Your sit bones width will determine if you get on with the narrow version on the B17.

What is the problem with the B17?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Funny, I saw that too and I wanted to put a bid but I completely forgot :smile:

Your sit bones width will determine if you get on with the narrow version on the B17.

What is the problem with the B17?

Nothing at all wrong with the B17; the narrow version is for a different bike :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Postie brought it this morning. The seller must have used it once and given up on it; it's hardly marked! Slapped a coat of proofhide on the underside and just about to head out and get some miles on it to start the breaking in process. Actually had no problems with the comfort of my other B17 when it was new, so hopefully the same for this one.

It also opens up some light touring possibilities for my Secteur as I can now attach my Carradice saddle bag to the Brooks saddle. Might not look the part, but who gives a ..... :smile:

tyred

Legendary Member
Excellent choice I think, although I've never tried the narrow version.

I have a growing pile of discarded saddles as I try to find a non-Brooks saddle that's actually comfortable for my low cost utility/winter fixed gear bike. It would have been cheaper to have just bought a Brooks in the first place.

Top Bottom