Got myself a recumbent trike :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
As I said I have bought recumbent cycling clothes, their jerseys have zipped pockets on the front, none at the back! and the pants have no diaper!
Otherwise known as "normal clothes"!! - seriously I didn't know you could get recumbent cycle gear. I just wear outdoor gear and running gear.

Ganymede

Veteran
MMM they look good shall order some ..
If nothing else the weather should warm up as soon as I get them
Friend of mine uses them for skiing and says they're good. They are disposable but supposed to be otherwise "green". Another friend has a pair of heated socks! http://www.warmthru.com/acatalog/Warmthru-Heated-Socks.html - the first pair is very pricey (has the battery on) then you buy extra pairs of the socks alone. I could imagine these might be a bit warm for cycling though.

starhawk

Otherwise known as "normal clothes"!! - seriously I didn't know you could get recumbent cycle gear. I just wear outdoor gear and running gear.

Well a cycling jersey are hardly "normal" clothes, normal outdoor gear are too thin for cycling. Apart from that the recumbent variant have another cut at the neckband and waist and most important the pockets are at the front, no pocketzipper at the back that can damage your seat. Almost every cyclepants these days are equipped with a kind of pad, which we don't need and which are in the way. The reason that babies walk so awkward are that they have i big diaper between their legs, something we grown ups don't like to live through again. The recumbent clothes venders however have only short pants (without diaper) so if you want long pants the general advice is to get running pants. My long pants where however bought at a time when pads where very uncommon.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I put a rack on mine and everything straps onto that. Come the warmer weather and my workman's shorts with multiple Velcro flapped pockets will be worn.

I'm also looking for a cycling type jacket with front pockets.

Recumbent toes ..... not a problem

DSCF0163.jpg

DSCF00012.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
For those types of ride I have a "Fisherman's vest"

New-Arrival-font-b-Multi-b-font-font-b-Pockets-b-font-font-b-Vests-b.jpg
Looks ideal. I've seen a few body warmers that would do it too.

Ganymede

Veteran
normal outdoor gear are too thin for cycling.
Ah. I'm a skier. Possibly my normal outdoor gear is on the warm side... In fact my fave cycling trousers for winter are mountain trousers, they are fitted like normal trousers (ie not skin-tight) and are quite thick and windproof. Arcteryx brand. Everything else is a miracle of layering with a windproof top layer.

Broke my collar bone two weeks ago falling off my bike and on the very same day a cheque arrived from a ppi thing ..
A sign from above that I should buy a recumbent trike ?

trike3_zpsodqpfvmp.jpg

It has spent the last year in a barn so new tubes and a bit of a wipe down were needed
Adjusted the pedal thing so I could reach and it's ready to go in the morning.
Tempted to try it now but getting it in and out of the house one handed ain't too easy
Ate my dinner sitting on my trike in the kitchen.. Can't do that on two wheels

Oooh,very nice.
Got to get me a shot of one of those.
Feel as if I'm missing out on some fun types of riding.
I love MTB'ing you understand,but 'bents look the business :becool:^_^
And a standard Trike,need to try one of those as well.

starhawk

Ah. I'm a skier. Possibly my normal outdoor gear is on the warm side... In fact my fave cycling trousers for winter are mountain trousers, they are fitted like normal trousers (ie not skin-tight) and are quite thick and windproof. Arcteryx brand. Everything else is a miracle of layering with a windproof top layer.

Well when I wrote normal outdoor clothing I meant for the season. Cycling clothes doesn't breathe as much as "normal" clothes. Because of the wind effect of riding around normal clothes can be somewhat chilly, they are not designed for the "windy" conditions on a cycle as the cycling clothes are. Using winter clothing is not a good idea as they are rather impenetrable, that can make you real sweathy.
An old cycling trick is to place a newspaper over your chest inside your jersey to shield yourself from the chilling wind effect, however todays newspapers are generally to small for that to give full effect.

byegad

Legendary Member
You can buy recumbent specific stuff. I have a couple of tops bought ages ago, but running gear is your friend here. Many tops have rear pockets, but some still do have side pockets.

Top Bottom