Got permision to cycle around the world (well actually she left which amounts to same)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
After years of wanting but being unwilling to sacrifice my relationship, seems I am now free to live my dream...

Not the way I would have liked it but the result is almost the same.

So house is up for sale! bike is being sorted (I have Surly Long Haul Trucker) just needs service and a few new parts.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zvknMQwRbqE8.koJ6APqy28xg key points no idea if my 50 year old body will make it all the way but I am going to try...

So come on someone buy my ruddy house :smile:

Sparkyman

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
wow that's a lot of pedalling. I'm guessing you have enough experience in touring to start with.

Wish you all the best and I'll follow your adventure :thumbsup:

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Done some, longest being to Rome in 17 days.. this is going to be a whole new kettle of fish..

Will take it slow max of 60-80 miles a day no more 100+ and with plenty of breaks to sight see.

Dreading a bit as is scary but that is out weighed by excitement of all these places i have dreamt of all these years.

Sparkyman

stephenjubb

Über Member
After years of wanting but being unwilling to sacrifice my relationship, seems I am now free to live my dream...

So house is up for sale! bike is being sorted (I have Surly Long Haul Trucker) just needs service and a few new parts.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zvknMQwRbqE8.koJ6APqy28xg key points no idea if my 50 year old body will make it all the way but I am going to try...

Sparkyman

Not wanting to ask anything too personal did she leave because you want to cycle the world or for other reasons (specifics I do not need to know).

If for other reasons then you now have a great opportunity at 50 whilst still fit etc.

If she left, for you want to tour, then good luck and enjoy, your living your life to the the full (by our interpretation anyway) and not limited by what is described as a conventional lifestyle (house, job, kids..... etc).

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Not wanting to ask anything too personal did she leave because you want to cycle the world or for other reasons (specifics I do not need to know).

If for other reasons then you now have a great opportunity at 50 whilst still fit etc.

If she left, for you want to tour, then good luck and enjoy, your living your life to the the full (by our interpretation anyway) and not limited by what is described as a conventional lifestyle (house, job, kids..... etc).

She left for own reasons, Though I suspect my that cycling was one of them..

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
At first I wondered if you could raffle your house as a prize but having googled, it seems to create more problems than it solves!

Why not put your house up for auction on Facebook/ ebay, which could go viral all over the world [seeing as Blackpool is a major tourist attraction....:whistle: ] and if you're lucky might just raise lots of public/ media interest particularly if you work with a local charity you support and all the publicity will then help to get sponsorship deals and get you leads into places you want to visit that would otherwise not be open to you as a tourist... it all comes down to planning and free marketing. You might even get a book deal or you could do a video diary... [with Charliewhatshisfacethatknowsewanmcgregor]

Sounds fantastic! Have a great time!

Bodhbh

Guru
I know a little how it feels as a couple of years ago I got made redundant and decided to bugger off for several months on the bike. I was just around Europe tho, sounds like you're plans are far far more ambitious.

Good luck with it, turn a negative into a positive. Might not get another chance and you're a long time dead etc.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You're a very brave man! Good luck. You can always come down and visit me in Ghana if you wish. Just remember it is very hot in Africa so you need to drink plenty of water.

Sparkyman

If you don't have a time limit, you can take as long as you like, so no reason why you can't make it all the way. Jealous. That will be an amazing experience.

Top Bottom