Got permision to cycle around the world (well actually she left which amounts to same)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
went cycling with a guy that lives here in town,he cycled the world last year i think india was his favourate place but what cracked him up is when he would sit for a meal, and a hugh crown would gather and stare at him he said this happened all over india it get very annoying, seen some amazing sights so much so that he got kinda used to it and it became no big deal, but the people that he met along the way made it a magical tour.so go for it and the very best of luck.

Lincov

I don't know if you've seen this blog, but it's of a couple of brothers trying to do the same thing. I think you'll pick up a few tips! With a husband and 3-year old, I can but dream :-) http://abrothersjourneyaroundtheworld.co.uk/

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Good luck on your ride Sparkyman (I've just bought a house so not in the market - sorry :smile:)

A friend of mine toured from Darlington to Nepal a couple years ago. If you fancy having a look at what he did then his blog is here: -
http://aroundtheworldbyaccident.blogspot.co.uk/

I sat and read this from bottom to top the other night. I was so engrossed that it was gone 2am before I finished it.

MarkF

Guru
I rented out my house to a nurse, early '90's, and set off around the USA. She soon stopped paying rent and her boyfriend (now moved in) started to wreck the place. I needed the rent to fund my continuing trip and the hassle ruined my fun.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think it takes a lot of courage and determination to do something like that as most of us like our comfort zone ( with all its pitfalls mind you) but it is some sort of security. I admire you for even considering it and hope your dream will come true. Keep us posted.

Licramite

Über Member
yes my experience of renting my house was a nightmare, I would have been better off selling it, stashing the cash and buying back into the market.
cycling around the world sounds likde a dream but it's a mighty big risk - I would still love to do it.

yes my experience of renting my house was a nightmare, I would have been better off selling it, stashing the cash and buying back into the market.
cycling around the world sounds likde a dream but it's a mighty big risk - I would still love to do it.
I know why you might say that but the idea of "buying back into the market" is also somewhat risky/fraught.

Chris Norton

Decent estate agent that does the renting out can sort out all the problems of renting a joint out.

Licramite

Über Member
Decent estate agent that does the renting out can sort out all the problems of renting a joint out.
god I whish I had had one. - no such luck. - bloody useless and when I went to sue for damages I was basically told , you cannot take what they don't have. and legally I'm not allowed to break bones or cut flesh off in compensation.

Brains

Legendary Member
god I whish I had had one. - no such luck. - bloody useless and when I went to sue for damages I was basically told , you cannot take what they don't have. and legally I'm not allowed to break bones or cut flesh off in compensation.

My experience is however, that this can be arranged. It cost even more money which you willl not get back, but there is a degree of closure and satisfaction

Top Bottom