Got the bug again.. Which bike £1250-ish?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pricey

Regular
Hi all,

Used to be a member on here a few years back as i used road/track cycling for training when i was on the BMX ODP (olympic development program). I had a Dolan track bike and a Trek Madone, both of which were supplied by British Cycling.

I then quit the team to finish my apprenticeship as an electrician. As i couldn't commit 100% of my time to training anymore thought my trade should take 1st place.

After a year i missed the occasional road and mtb ride so bought a Giant TCR Advanced 2 and a Giant Anthem x4 xc bike too. Had a little dabble in some local 10 mile time trials (got down to 24.10s) which i quite enjoyed, and ride (still do) at Sherwood forest (as my girlfriend and her family live in Bawtry). However i ended up selling the road bike as there was never anyone to ride/train with and got a little boring, and the mtb is sat in the garage.

Now ive got the bug again and really fancy getting back out on the road again, a couple of my mates who race motocross have started training on the road again so i have some training buddies.

The big question is, what bike shall i go for? I dont really want to break the bank, around £1250 would be nice. Ive just had a look at the Planet X SL Pro carbon with Shimano Ultegra £1249.99, and Ribbles also look quite smart too.

Does anyone have any opinions on these bikes? Or can anyone recommend another bike for around these prices?

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom