"Granny gear" and sexism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You’re welcome on the GDPR and Strava thread. If, of course, monitoring of everywhere people go, who they associate with, what they say and more being gathered by a private company is of interest.

Little take up so far but it’s first page results on both google and bing for those two terms :smile:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/strava-your-information-gdpr.233893/

:biggrin:
Totally OT, but you have to admire a man that takes the time to find out where the threads he's started are ranked on the search engines.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Wouldn't that depend on the person who chose to use it?
It could, and the context as well possibly. Even then it may still offend someone.

[edit] I’m should add I’m speaking in general here rather than that one word. The word gay is a word that is used inoffensively now afaik. I’ve still seen kids use it in a derogatory way though.

Last edited:

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Care to elucidate?
It would be a very brave person who puts their foot into the gaping jaws of that trap.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Brave. Or drunk. I give you the Peugeot 206 convertible. Admittedly it's inferior because it's a Peugeot rather than because it's a girl's car but it may be close enough.
Back in the 1980s, I did notice that the drivers of soft top Golf GTis (aka "Pram Cars" ) were often alarmingly beautiful young women. Does that make me a very bad person?

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It would be a very brave person who puts their foot into the gaping jaws of that trap.

Nonetheless, my contribution is a Ford Focus convertible.

I had one, and was ribbed by several chums for buying a 'hairdresser's car'.

Disgraceful stereotyping, including clear references to male hairdressers being homosexual.

I was so offended it's a wonder I ever got over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom