Grateful for the dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Bowie gave us some wonderful stuff over the years, I liked his dabble with soul and the way he embraced everything he did, an artist in more ways than one.

One of my fave Bowie tracks

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'd also throw Prince into the mix - staggeringly competent musician and the seminal Purple Rain has to be high on the sexiest track ever list.

No slouch on the guitar and almost up there imho with Hendrix in how he could wring amazing sounds out of guitar - really made it talk!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvnYmWpD_T8

Yep,, he was a brilliant rock guitarist (amongst his many other talents)
Just watch him go in this tribute to George Harrison! :wacko::becool: (from 3.30)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Sister Rosetta Tharpe (died of a stroke, aged 58)

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
Bowie gave us some wonderful stuff over the years, I liked his dabble with soul and the way he embraced everything he did, an artist in more ways than one.

Oh, Mr. Bowie. A part of my heart went with him. I love most of his works but have a soft spot for Strangers When We Meet. My better half loves his collab with Trent Reznor, I'm Afraid Of Americans, good stuff (that was the only Bowie he knew when we met, I was like, 'Oh honey, just you listen to this...') A buddy and I do Under Pressure at karaoke sometimes, he is the glorious Mr. Mercury as he can hit that high note occasionally.

AndyRM

XOXO
Oh, Mr. Bowie. A part of my heart went with him. I love most of his works but have a soft spot for Strangers When We Meet. My better half loves his collab with Trent Reznor, I'm Afraid Of Americans, good stuff (that was the only Bowie he knew when we met, I was like, 'Oh honey, just you listen to this...') A buddy and I do Under Pressure at karaoke sometimes, he is the glorious Mr. Mercury as he can hit that high note occasionally.

Reznor and Bowie also did this, which I love:

Top Bottom