1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Live Recordings

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dave5N, 3 Mar 2008.

1. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I love live music on record - a great tradition (Neville Bros spring to mind).

Anyway, I was listening to 'Rock and Roll Animal', and wondered what else might be on the discerning listener's list.

2. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Off the top of my head I'd have to go for either; Sam Cook - Live @ Harlem Sq. 1963, or Deep Purple - Made In Japan.
    There are plenty more but I'm off to bed and don't need to be rummaging thru my records at this time on a Monday morning.

3. AC/DC - If You Want Blood.
    Television - The Blow Up (full of mistakes and off key singing but a really atmospheric and energetic album).

4. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Ac/dc Ffs?

5. Great band, especially the early stuff. Most of their studio albums were recorded live, effectively.

6. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

I'm with RT on the AC/DC call, a great rhythm & blues band until the untimely death of singer Bonn Scott, admittedly taking a lot of his cues from The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, to the last.
    Died just down the road from here in fact.....

7. Ashtrayhead

Ashtrayhead Über Member

and I'm with tdr1nka on Made in Japan. I got a 3cd set of each nights live performance and there's one bit where Gillan laughs when Blackmore fluffs the intro to Smoke on the Water!

My favourite recent live CD is Volkerball by Rammstein....also great to see live. Gets a bit hot though.

8. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

Rory Gallagher - Live in Europe and Irish Tour '74
    Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
    Ten Years After did a great live double but I can't remember what it was called.
    The Who Live At Leeds.
    Stones - Get Yer YaYas Out

9. Renard

Renard Guest

Bob Marley live at the Lyceum

10. Lau have a live recording coming out in late spring, and I can't wait to hear it - I couldn't get to the recording in Edinburgh before xmas because I'd been in hospital...I reckon it will be awesome.

11. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Made in Japan
    Rainbow Live on stage
    Made in Europe
    The song remains the same
    Live and dangerous

12. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

My favourite live album would have to be Rank from Mozzer and Co.

13. yello

yello Guru

Agree with votes for 'Live & Dangerous' (Lizzy) & 'Get Your YaYas Out' (Stones). As I kid, I remember listening to Peter Frampton's 'Frampton Comes Alive' and enjoying it. I like Magazine's ponderous 'Play' too.

14. simonali

simonali Über Member

Built To Spill - Cortez The Killer (Neil Young cover & very long!)

RATM - Bullet In The Head (b-side of the single with same title)

15. Buzzcocks - Encore du pain is great!!