Great Live Recordings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
I love live music on record - a great tradition (Neville Bros spring to mind).

Anyway, I was listening to 'Rock and Roll Animal', and wondered what else might be on the discerning listener's list.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Off the top of my head I'd have to go for either; Sam Cook - Live @ Harlem Sq. 1963, or Deep Purple - Made In Japan.
There are plenty more but I'm off to bed and don't need to be rummaging thru my records at this time on a Monday morning.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm with RT on the AC/DC call, a great rhythm & blues band until the untimely death of singer Bonn Scott, admittedly taking a lot of his cues from The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, to the last.
Died just down the road from here in fact.....

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
and I'm with tdr1nka on Made in Japan. I got a 3cd set of each nights live performance and there's one bit where Gillan laughs when Blackmore fluffs the intro to Smoke on the Water!

My favourite recent live CD is Volkerball by Rammstein....also great to see live. Gets a bit hot though.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Rory Gallagher - Live in Europe and Irish Tour '74
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
Ten Years After did a great live double but I can't remember what it was called.
The Who Live At Leeds.
Stones - Get Yer YaYas Out

Renard

Bob Marley live at the Lyceum

yello

Agree with votes for 'Live & Dangerous' (Lizzy) & 'Get Your YaYas Out' (Stones). As I kid, I remember listening to Peter Frampton's 'Frampton Comes Alive' and enjoying it. I like Magazine's ponderous 'Play' too.

simonali

Guru
Built To Spill - Cortez The Killer (Neil Young cover & very long!)

RATM - Bullet In The Head (b-side of the single with same title)

Top Bottom