Great Live Recordings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bongo Fury by Beefheart & Zappa [the closing track 'Muffin Man' is a classic!].

Johnny Cash - Live at san Quentin

Danny

Legendary Member
Greasy Truckers Party - a double LP recorded at the Roundhouse on Feb 13 1972. It features Hawkwind, Brinsley Schwartz, Man, and someone called Magic Michael. The concert took place during a miners strike and one of the tracks records the sounds of the audience during one one of the power cuts that happened regularly during the strike.

It is arguably the last authentic recording of the hippy era, and has some standout tracks from Hawkwind before they became more commercial.

A bargain at the time at only 50p.

yumpy

Floyd. Careful with that axe Eugene. Superstars in Concert - you can see it on YouTube. Dodgy sound but if you were around in that era its just pure magic atmosphere karma sit on grass at Knebworth smoking haze talking deep stuff man...

Warning: You need an asbestos blanket for the fire.

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
yumpy said:
Floyd. Careful with that axe Eugene. Superstars in Concert - you can see it on YouTube. Dodgy sound but if you were around in that era its just pure magic atmosphere karma sit on grass at Knebworth smoking haze talking deep stuff man...

Warning: You need an asbestos blanket for the fire.

Remind me again why Punk seemed so vitally urgent at the time??

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I was tempted to say that bloke who taped his own assisted suicide but some people might think that would be in bad taste.

or a dead recording

Chromatic

Legendary Member
nickb said:
I may have been at that gig. The first time I saw them was at Cheltenham, but they were the support act that night (can't remember to whom, although it may have been Alex Harvey). I did see them there some time later as the headline band - who was the support act?
Further to my previous answer (how do you put in two quotes?) it was neither The Dockery Boys nor Maxwell Street, it was The Mind Boggles. In my defence it was about 20 years ago, also my mate could not remember for certain and he was the one who played the gig. He did say that what he remembered about that night was there being a lot of free beer backstage, which may account for his hazy memory.

Top Bottom