Great movie 'moments'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

AndyRM

XOXO
This and Starship Troopers are some of the less Hollywood movies made in Hollywood ever
Verhoeven was brilliant

View: https://youtu.be/Lj0FNmDJBIo

He still is. His latest film, Elle, is one of the most harrowing things I've seen in recent years. Most of the folk involved in that have worked on Benedetta which has sadly been delayed (not because of Corona; Verhoeven is recovering from surgery, hip I think). Tricked and Black Book are also well worth a watch.

matticus

Guru
One of the most shocking yet brilliant scenes ever.
Yes - in the cinema it was almost too unpleasant to watch.

We really enjoyed the film - I'm glad there was no more as gory as that, but it played an important role. The landscape cinematography was also brilliant.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Incidentally, it is a fine example of why films should be watched in their original aspect ratio. Even on a widescreen TV it needs to be 'letterboxed'. I once started to watch the film 'panned and scanned' on an old 4:3 TV and had to stop - it completely destroyed the continuity and spectacle of the scenes.
Can't recall which film it was but i bought a DVD in widescreen of something shot in cinema scope... one scene early on literally showed just the noses of the characters on either side of the screen. That went straight into the charity shop pile and I downloaded a proper version from pirate bay.

Top Bottom