Great movie 'moments'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

Globalti

Legendary Member

TGTBATU is one of the few films that I can watch over and over. I have watched that scene at least 20 times and it STILL gets my pulse rate up!

Incidentally, it is a fine example of why films should be watched in their original aspect ratio. Even on a widescreen TV it needs to be 'letterboxed'. I once started to watch the film 'panned and scanned' on an old 4:3 TV and had to stop - it completely destroyed the continuity and spectacle of the scenes.

How long before somebody launches a film shot in portrait for all the idiots who use their phone cameras in portrait?

oh I see! Well in that case, time to bring out the big guns:

four_weddings_and_a_funeral_andie_macdowell.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member

An absolute classic. Great pains were gone to in order to make it authentic and even scrawny cattle were imported as local ones looked too well fed.
The film nearly didn't happen as George Stevens meticulous editing took two years to complete causing costs to rocket. Paramount tried to sell it to Howard Hughes, he declined but changed his mind when he saw the rushes and offered to buy it on the spot. This prompted Paramount to get behind it and release it as a main feature film instead of a B movie. Its costs were easily recouped.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Go on, I dare you not to cry!

View: https://youtu.be/PEPvfZrXWPY

Top Bottom