Great video on bike fit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Have a look at Bike Fit Tuesdays on youtube and see if there is any difference, I will have a look at this one later.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's only (some) roadies who are obsessed with bike fit.

Does moving the saddle a few mm forward or back really make any difference?

screenman

Legendary Member
They may ride that way but it’s not good bike fit

i am listening as I am interested in this type of thing, now say that drop is 6 inches the same as Froome would you say that is too much. From the video the guys looks like he has really long arms as I said earlier, how would you suggest getting aero without going low with the bars? I should add that I have not looked at the video much only a quick scan, my feeling is way to many fitters fit the saddle to high.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i am listening as I am interested in this type of thing, now say that drop is 6 inches the same as Froome would you say that is too much. From the video the guys looks like he has really long arms as I said earlier, how would you suggest getting aero without going low with the bars? I should add that I have not looked at the video much only a quick scan, my feeling is way to many fitters fit the saddle to high.
i agree with this i know someone whos tall and has a lot of drop but his actual body position is actually no better than mine and i only have about 2 cm of drop in fact measured from saddle to the hoods its zero but then again im a shorty and if im honest i could probably size down but its hard to get a smaller bike on general sale .

Top Bottom