Gritter alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Some heavy duty gritting going on here in the SE of Cumbria. Anything similar happening across the rest of the UK?

As an aside we've had a fair bit of flooding these past few days and we have 5 cars marooned on two of the roads into the village. The drivers tried to wade through the roads where the river had burst its bank. All have killed their engines.

I just learnt today that one (Porsche Macan) was actually floating and the occupants were rescued by the fire brigade.

Damn good door seals on those Porsche's but that engine is going to be one expensive fix :ohmy:.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Very chilly down here today as well. It dipped below 10 degrees :rolleyes:

Nonethewiser

It's been chilly here today but largely bright and sunny - I had a lovely bracing ride this morning but there were some patches of frost in shaded parts of the road to look out for, especially on our estate where the gritters never seem to come no matter how much ice or snow there is :angry: Started raining this evening though in complete contrast!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
[QUOTE 5054318, member: 9609"]I passed a gritter ths afternoon, it has been cold though, +2 when I set off at 11:30, -1 when I got back at four. very cold day, have finally got the blood circulating in my toes again.

roads are going to be dangerous tonight, all the heavy rain has had water running over certain sections of road, the constant water washes the salt leaving these little traps to catch out the unaware - one nearly got me earlier, before I knew it I was committed, keep straight and pray for the best, it was one of those "this is going to hurt moments" but I got lucky
View attachment 384508 [/QUOTE]
Bet your "gritter" puckered up when you saw that ahead of you!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The gritter has just gone past here. Possible snow showers expected tomorrow and I'm going to be out in it helping to shift the remains of a tree. Lovely.:dry:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 5054318, member: 9609"]I passed a gritter ths afternoon, it has been cold though, +2 when I set off at 11:30, -1 when I got back at four. very cold day, have finally got the blood circulating in my toes again.

roads are going to be dangerous tonight, all the heavy rain has had water running over certain sections of road, the constant water washes the salt leaving these little traps to catch out the unaware - one nearly got me earlier, before I knew it I was committed, keep straight and pray for the best, it was one of those "this is going to hurt moments" but I got lucky
View attachment 384508 [/QUOTE]
Ye divven't get that doon in the Undergroond!

Top Bottom