Gritter alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
They've just gritted Madingley Hill with a quad bike gritter.
Impressive!

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5054318, member: 9609"]I passed a gritter ths afternoon, it has been cold though, +2 when I set off at 11:30, -1 when I got back at four. very cold day, have finally got the blood circulating in my toes again.

roads are going to be dangerous tonight, all the heavy rain has had water running over certain sections of road, the constant water washes the salt leaving these little traps to catch out the unaware - one nearly got me earlier, before I knew it I was committed, keep straight and pray for the best, it was one of those "this is going to hurt moments" but I got lucky
View attachment 384508 [/QUOTE]

That looks nasty.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
My pal works for the local council. He says it costs 40k per day to grit the roads and that it’s a waste of money. Waste of money? Waste. Of. Money.?

[QUOTE 5054318, member: 9609"]I passed a gritter ths afternoon, it has been cold though, +2 when I set off at 11:30, -1 when I got back at four. very cold day, have finally got the blood circulating in my toes again.

roads are going to be dangerous tonight, all the heavy rain has had water running over certain sections of road, the constant water washes the salt leaving these little traps to catch out the unaware - one nearly got me earlier, before I knew it I was committed, keep straight and pray for the best, it was one of those "this is going to hurt moments" but I got lucky
View attachment 384508 [/QUOTE]
I'm recently returned home from Gala and the roads and pavements/shared paths and rather slidy :eek:

Doseone

Guru
EF941DB1-BD43-43C5-BF33-50A72B954AFF.jpeg

Just driven through snow near Brecon in Wales. First snow of the winter!!

Top Bottom