Gritter alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
[QUOTE 5054514, member: 9609"]But yes potentially very dangerous, here is the streetview LINK Imaging just cresting this hill, nice day, dry roads, you start to pick up speed, you start to admire that big view, then at 20mph you suddenly come arccos that ice. (and that is much steeper than it looks)[/QUOTE]

Could have been worse, how about charging down that hill holding a five metre long wooden pike.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They've been gritting on and off for a few weeks here in the frozen Norfolk thanks to our unobstructed sea view across to the arctic but the forecast looked like we might escape tonight.

Glad they've got the quad bike working again @Dave 123. Norfolk still doesn't even try to grit cycleways :sad:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Are you a knight?
No, it was us peasants who had the pikes, which on terrain like that were useless.
That road is on what was the left flank, where the Scots cavalry had some success before buggering off and leaving us peasants to our fate.
Battle of Flodden in case you're all wondering what I'm on about.

Edit: I recognised the distant view but @User9609 wasn't on the hill I thought it was. The battlefield is actually a mile away over the next hill, though it does look very similar. Streetview if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
My pal works for the local council. He says it costs 40k per day to grit the roads and that it’s a waste of money. Waste of money? Waste. Of. Money.?
If they stopped following satnavs, they might save money. Going down a hill marked as unsafe and getting stuck, because you've to follow the satnav system, can be costly

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
No, it was us peasants who had the pikes, which on terrain like that were useless.
That road is on what was the left flank, where the Scots cavalry had some success before buggering off and leaving us peasants to our fate.
Battle of Flodden in case you're all wondering what I'm on about.

I was wondering what you were on about.

The English lads performed well on the day. :boxing:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
[QUOTE 5054760, member: 9609"]it must have been one truly bloody battle, 14,000 slayen in a few hours in hand to hand combat using lumps of sharp metal on the end of long poles, they reckon the streams ran red - difficult to comprehend the suffering.[/QUOTE]
Sounds a bit like the last week's moderating duties. ;)

Had to scrape the frost off the car to get back from the pub last night. This morning there's some light settled snow.
I've told everyone I'm cycling 5 miles today as recommended by physio. Can't disappoint them so on with the winter gear :hyper:

All the 4x4s will be at Tesco today barely surviving the Arctic wasteland in search of bread and milk.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Doesn't look like snow tonight after all.

Going out tomorrow regardless

Bike has been set up for mud for the last month, waiting for me to be well enough

Top Bottom