Growing your own

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
theclaud said:
I see! I plead the general tempo of Friday afternoons as an excuse for being so slow...
Can I use the same excuse and apologise for b*stardising irony and ironically and coming up with ironicall. It looks weird. ;)

Apparently raspberries are really easy and high yielding, but we only had four last year. Whoo!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Baggy said:
Can I use the same excuse and apologise for b*stardising irony and ironically and coming up with ironicall. It looks weird. ;)

Apparently raspberries are really easy and high yielding, but we only had four last year. Whoo!

Very disappointing. Talking of disappointment, I had a brief flirtation with exotic veg varieties last year. My stunted borlotti beans cast a disgusted glance at the Welsh weather and harumphed "you're having a laugh if you think we're coming out in that - we are Mediterranean, you know". Back to good old ordinary broads and runners this year - I am taking no chances...

Night Train

Maker of Things
I don't actually grow my own but I have a little man who does it for me. My Dad has green fingers and can make almost anything grow. We have a fair harvest of spinich, pak choi, assorted beans, apples, figs, lemons, kamquats, etc and all from pots and a small back garden.
He grows mostly bonsai but we can't eat them.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
We had shed load of raspberries last year but my carrots were sadly inferior. Any tips for growing them to a reasonable size would be gratefully received.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Vegetable gardening nuts on a cycling forum? Whoda thunk? But, since we're on the subject....

RAISED BEDS are the way to go for a home garden! Been doing that for about 20 years! No wasted space...good soil control...easy to tend...I could go on for hours about the advantages!

Anyone want to start a "Compost Heap" thread? ;-)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Night Train said:
I don't actually grow my own but I have a little man who does it for me. My Dad has green fingers and can make almost anything grow. We have a fair harvest of spinich, pak choi, assorted beans, apples, figs, lemons, kamquats, etc and all from pots and a small back garden.
He grows mostly bonsai but we can't eat them.

Hoe do you grow lemons? Is it in a heated greenhouse?

Top Bottom