Guess what...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...I can play the theme tune to Captain Pugwash on my accordion!

Yay!

:eek: :ohmy: :biggrin:

I can also do Puff the Magic Dragon, Follow the Yellow Brick Road, Carnival of Venice and sundry nursery rhyme type tunes. LOL!

I'm desperately trying to learn something 'serious' (like songs by Kris Drever) but keep sounding like a drunk asthmatic with turretes syndrome. Must practice more (and actually arrange for some lessons...)

In future, you can find me on accordionist.org (just kidding)

This is a key moment Kirstie - well done! (You really are the big squeeze that everyone has been talking about...:eek:)

Dave5N said:
For Sale: Two houses in the East Midlands. Suit deaf families. Very quiet neighbour (when she's out on her bike.)

ROFL! I have to practice in the kitchen because it's not joined to anyone else's house and there are two doors between it and the lounge, which joins on to next door!

Aperitif you are too kind. I am also thinking of having singing lessons again too. Got my voice trained years ago but it's a bit rusty at the moment.

longers said:
Excellent Kirstie :eek:.

Can you play Far Away?

... the farther away the better ????

bobg

Über Member
Don't let 'em grind you down Kirsty, - all those little black buttons on the left are IMPOSSIBLE. How about uploading the Pugwash theme? maybe background music for the Cafe would be a good thing...:eek:

Nice one Kirstie! Don't worry about sounding like an asthmatic drunkard, that's a feature of the instrument:biggrin:.
I remember me and one of my exes starting to learn Bach's Toccata and Fugue, her on piano accordion and me on 5 string banjo. We were going to call it "Toccata Sauce" but sadly split up before we learnt it all.:eek:
I don't know if folk music is your thing (it's not really mine), but have a listen to Phil Cunningham's playing.

Dave5N

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Nice one Kirstie! Don't worry about sounding like an asthmatic drunkard, that's a feature of the instrument:biggrin:.
I remember me and one of my exes starting to learn Bach's Toccata and Fugue, her on piano accordion and me on 5 string banjo. We were going to call it "Toccata Sauce" but sadly split up before we learnt it all.:eek:
I don't know if folk music is your thing (it's not really mine), but have a listen to Phil Cunningham's playing.

That's a relief. Out of interest, does it matter much that I don't actually have an accordion?

Top Bottom