1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

guess whos just gone and completed ...........

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by gezza, 15 Apr 2008.

1. their first mountain pass !!!!!

yes yours truly,120k today on the island of majorca,:becool:to be precise the climb of sol callabra(sp?) rising from sea level to 1000m at avg of 7.5% for 10k,what a fu.ker ! but sort of enjoyed it:ohmy: and then shortly afterwards another climb of 600 meters but that was chicken feed:smile: hopefully this will put me in good stead for the etape come july 6th

i couldnt recommend it enough out here 21c today clear blue skies ,loads of like minded cyclists and courteous car drivers:ohmy: and coach drivers:ohmy:

even chatting to 2 girls from Littlehampton ,who call us bike-ists:biggrin:

shall now go and celebrate with a pint of estrella dam:tongue:

dare i say it BRING ON THE TOURMALET & HAUTACAM!!!!!!:tongue:

2. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

That sounds like hard work to me. The climb I mean not the weather and females.

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Have a few pints for us stuck in the cold wet UK !!!

4. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I've just done a 2 hour spin in sunshine and blue skies but not 21 deg though more like an anagram of that. Well done gezza, sounds like you're on course to muller the Pyrenees!

5. Well done gezza - nice to know that your bike arrived in one piece (or at least in several pieces which formed the whole)! ;)

It is cold and wet in London - and I'm not talking beer here...and the cops were in Regents Park this morning so a couple of laps at about 46kmh past their radar guns were obligatory... :tongue:

6. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Jammy git but well done!! Fab bit of work. Enjoy the beer.

7. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Was bloody snowing and stuff at mega rates at about 3.00pm today - nice going home though..... metcheck have a warning for mad weather !!

PS Sth Manchester !

8. yenrod

yenrod Guest

SHUT UP : GO AWAY : I DONT WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN.

NW England Weather - 10'C Sunshine slight wind no females no holiday vibe no 'no work...no passes...

:tongue:

30mls West of you today @ 3pm ok where i was ! ;)

9. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Any pics?

10. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

I'll be in Majorca from next week filming the new Stella advert:biggrin:

Being paid and having all my expenses covered:biggrin::biggrin:

Money really is no object:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

11. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

Sod off:angry:. I hate you already!;)

Sounds like very nice work if you can get it. I just wish you'd get the helicopter off the ground, as it were. I love the idea of that...

*envies*

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

All these people having fun climbing hills, drinking beer, etc. has made me feel restless.......................................must think of where I can go for some good rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

The local flophouse,Keith?:biggrin::ohmy:

Bit of jiggy jig?;):biggrin:

14. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

I think if people knew how much unpaid time I had spent promoting cycling in the last ten years they'd agree that I deseve this trip:thumbsup:

15. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

Oh, don't get me wrong, you completely deserve it and I'm very happy for you. I'm just envious. ;)