Guy Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattonsea

Über Member
Could of washed his road bike tonight !!!

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 3350317, member: 259"]I will record it and put it in a torrentable format on thursday but I've never created a bit torrent file so expect delays!

Have you looked into region unblocking for C4 on demand?[/QUOTE]
It's already out there, search for Guy Martin Need for Speed S02E01

Alan..

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
They kept saying how dangerous it was with the drop offs, but it looked like a walk in park for him compared to going through villages on the Isle Of Man TT at getting on for 200mph with houses and lamp posts either side

Pity his fire breathing monster wasn't running to its best as he would have mullered several more classes up there, and i wonder if he already has next year in mind.

D

Deleted member 26715

Ultimately though I thought it was not comparable to the Americans at all.

If you think that the American effort was good, how about the British pair that only missed the record by 4 miles due to illness, I suspect but do not know that the American would have had far more support than the Father & Son British effort, it just seems to be the way.

Alan...

They kept saying how dangerous it was with the drop offs, but it looked like a walk in park for him compared to going through villages on the Isle Of Man TT at getting on for 200mph with houses and lamp posts either side
Either way, even a mistake would be fatal

The main difference would be, that on the Isle of Man, they'd get to him a lot quicker
Pikes Peak would mean a long clamber down the side

Pity his fire breathing monster wasn't running to its best as he would have mullered several more classes up there, and i wonder if he already has next year in mind.
That would not be surprising............

D

Deleted member 1258

I did wonder if it was a blessing in disguise that the bike wasn't at 100%, would it have been over powered and too much of a handful if it had been 100%?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I did wonder if it was a blessing in disguise that the bike wasn't at 100%, would it have been over powered and too much of a handful if it had been 100%?
It was a fuel supply problem (not coming out of the tank quickly enough) that just stopped him using full throttle so only hurt straight line acceleration. More dangerous and more likely to cause him to crash if he'd tried to enter a corner too fast in order to carry more speed through the bend cos he couldn't fire it out.

Panter

Just call me Chris...

I honestly don't think so, he's a very skillful rider.
Shame they didn't give any details of the turbo and fueling, but I imagine it was set up to run at low pressure and just give some assistance as the air thinned.

Top Bottom