Guy Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The sheer look of joy, pure, instinctive, joy, on his face when he realised he'd won the class was a pleasure to behold.

Failure to run the bike, even if only on a dyno, to uncover the fuel valve problem was a schoolboy error thobut.

And I did think that just chucking a turbo on the front of an engine that would need to perform at 10,000 - 14,000 ft was creating the mother of all fuel/air mapping problems. Must surely have been running horribly rich at the start?

NB I've never owned a bike with fuel injection I'm a Dell'Orto man through and through.

EDIT: cross posted with @Panter

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The ECU should measure manifold pressure/density and regulate the injectors to keep the mixture OK. Low fuel pressure caused it to shut down so it was a sophisticated system (a 'dumb' system would have not have monitored this so would have let the motor run to destruction)

Hilarious chap is oor Guy, but someone needs to give a geography lesson.
In this week's programme on the American hill climb, in his first piece to camera, he enthusiastically stated Ben Nevis was in England. Oh dear! :headshake:

riggsbie

Coffee and Recumbent Trikes.......
I managed to find a torrent of the program on TorrentDay.....

Great to see the episode, already shown 5 others......

Has to be a good positive thing for recumbents and HPV's......

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Aerodynamics were lacking. On a serious gravity racer record attempt that's shocking. Spoked wheels? Draggy brake lines and suspension steering components? (and brakes that completely exceed the grip of the tyres) forced them down the more mass route...

they hadn't planned to add more mass so it raised the CoG and pendulum effect. hey presto he lost control.

To me it started to feel like the mo'bike. Obvious flaws that should have been thought of, tested out, were left in as it made for better TV. But gravity bit back.

Glad he was ok tho and hope another series is in the offing....

green1

Über Member
Hilarious chap is oor Guy, but someone needs to give a geography lesson.
In this week's programme on the American hill climb, in his first piece to camera, he enthusiastically stated Ben Nevis was in England. Oh dear! :headshake:
A lot of people mix England with UK. Does my head in.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Great programme with the Gravity Racer!!
Beautiful engineering, wondered if the braking would be Hope, as he seems to have a good relationship with them

And, as for 'the future Mrs Martin'..........

Yes, indeed, what would she think to Grimsby?!?!?
Scroll down here there are pictures of his new Rourke bike after the Spitfire destroyed his previous one ... nice 'Hope' detailing on the rear seatstay ....
http://instagram.com/rourkebikes

Top Bottom