Halfords Click and dont collect.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
Placed order for some tyres last Sat, only to be informed by non interested staff member in Orpington store that they would be in store for tuesday.
No shock we are on thursday still not there what a pile of toss.

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
Could you have got them online and delivered at home?

drummerbod

Had multiple issues with their Click & Fail service in various branches. They don't ring you if it doesn't come in. I complained to their Customer Services at HO and they weren't interested. Email I sent below:

"Hi,
Your Click & Collect service is broken. Here's why...
30451213 - Pickup from store 1pm 7th May - Mineral oil in but brake pads missing.
30224413 - Pickup from store 1pm 28th Nov - Chainring Bolt Tool no longer available.
30205289 - Pickup from store 1pm 13th Nov - Ergon Grips not in, another two days.

In all cases I wasn't contacted to state the product wasn't in resulting in many wasted trips.

Also, big Click & Collect sign above your main desk. But they don't do Click & Collect for bike parts. Nowhere above the Bike main desk does it state Click & Collect.

I would have sent this using your Webform but... it's broken as well. No SUBMIT button. Attached screenshot from website.
"

Jayaly

Watford branch click and collect was pretty shambolic when I tried. I thought it would be like other click and collect services I'd used and would let me get in and get out quick instead of trying to find stuff at the same time as chasing a turbo toddler up and down the aisles. Instead they couldn't find the order, had to ask me for details of everything that was on it, then had to go round collecting half the items off the shelves while I pinned him down by the checkout. Took a good 20 minutes in total.

To be fair, they were pretty good when I bought a car seat though. Threw in a retaining strap for free when it turned out I needed one and the person who checked the fit hadn't warned me at the time.

Rustybucket

Veteran
I ordered some Thule roof bars & Bike rack from the Staines store through click & collect. Went and picked them up on Monday and they fitted them all for me. I guess some stores are better than others.

I have had bad experiences at the the Hanger Lane branch!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My local Halfords always phones the next day of placing the order saying it won't be there till next week or so ^_^
No hardship, as it's on my way home.

Brava210

Über Member
I ordered some Shimano 520 clipless pedals on click and collect
When I went to collect they were not there, the chap said they would be here in the morning which they were, because of my wasted trip, all of 2 miles they gave them to me for free

^_^^_^

Brandane

Legendary Member
I just popped down to Halfords for a new BB. The guy said "£19.99 please"... I said, "it's only £12.99 on your website." he said, "It is, would you like me to click and collect for you?"... i said yes, and he did the gubbins on an ipad and sold me it for £12.99 :smile:
I thought that story was going to end with you being told to go home and then come back to collect the purchase the next day ^_^. Not often we see a Halfords story with a happy ending, although it is a daft situation that stuff in their branches is more expensive than on-line.

Top Bottom