Halfords Click and dont collect.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moo

Service seems to vary by store. I've settled on one which is a little further to travel, but they always text/call me.

I'll be testing their competence on Tuesday by requesting a price match on 2 of the 3 items I've ordered via click&collect. It takes some of the staff 5 minutes to enter the BC discount...

A good old fashioned trick

Did this with PCWord a few years ago.

Wanted a small travelling netbook, and went in to try it ot.

£200 more expensive than their on-line cost.

After long discussion manager still refused to charge the internet price.

Nipped outside, used phone to buy and collect from Currys next door (same Company), went back in and asked for the same manager.

Took great delight in showing him the receipt and collection details..... and explained why h had lost the sale

He was fuming, but couldn't do a thing

I popped into Halfords to buy some bits I'd seen on line. I didn't order them as I wanted to see them to make sure they were what I wanted. When I got to the checkout, the price was considerably higher than I'd worked out from the website. The assistant apologised, and said he couldn't match the price, so I declined the sale, but got myself comfy on one of their display racks, and sat with my phone ordering the bits. The signal was crap and it was taking an age. The manager spotted me and asked what I was doing, so I explained.

He went red at the obviously ridiculous situation and gave me a better price than the web.

I've got to say, I've generally found the staff in both local Halfords very helpful, but bits of the system they have to work in are ripe for improvement.

Not really a Halfords issue, but I'm pretty laid back, but one thing that irritates me from any provider is when I get told delivery dates that they should know they can't make, especially when I've take the time to explain I'm not in a rush and prefer a definite date even if it's a week or two.

bpsmith

Veteran
I reserved a tool cabinet set yesterday, after they emailed me with a good flash sale offer. Got to my nearest store, after reserving at home, only to find they didn't have them in stock. They looked everywhere and not there, before realising that they were on display! Surely there's a way to differentiate stock?

Reserved for my next nearest store, after they told me there were 3 showing up there. Looking to collect later...fingers crossed...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I popped into Halfords to buy some bits I'd seen on line. I didn't order them as I wanted to see them to make sure they were what I wanted. When I got to the checkout, the price was considerably higher than I'd worked out from the website. The assistant apologised, and said he couldn't match the price, so I declined the sale, but got myself comfy on one of their display racks, and sat with my phone ordering the bits. The signal was crap and it was taking an age. The manager spotted me and asked what I was doing, so I explained.

He went red at the obviously ridiculous situation and gave me a better price than the web.

I've got to say, I've generally found the staff in both local Halfords very helpful, but bits of the system they have to work in are ripe for improvement.

Not really a Halfords issue, but I'm pretty laid back, but one thing that irritates me from any provider is when I get told delivery dates that they should know they can't make, especially when I've take the time to explain I'm not in a rush and prefer a definite date even if it's a week or two.

To be fair, the staff at York Rd, Leeds have offered several times to check if what I'm buying is cheaper online before they put the sale through the till. I know the drill now, so I'll ask if its cheaper or will have already checked and have reserved it online by the time i get to the till.
They've never had a problem price matching Wiggle or other retailers either.

bpsmith

Veteran
To be fair, the staff at York Rd, Leeds have offered several times to check if what I'm buying is cheaper online before they put the sale through the till. I know the drill now, so I'll ask if its cheaper or will have already checked and have reserved it online by the time i get to the till.
They've never had a problem price matching Wiggle or other retailers either.
That's interesting. Is Wiggle anywhere near your Halfords store?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
That's interesting. Is Wiggle anywhere near your Halfords store?
No, I just print off the details from the Wiggle website and show it in store when collecting.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I always check prices on their website first as sometimes the prices can be far apart.between website and store..
I got three Schwalbe Land Cruiser tyres in their 3 for 2 deal recently at £9 a tyre...

Staff in Greenock branch are most helpful...
I have had some stuff not in stock after it says it is.
If I'm getting a bargain, I can wait....

BrynCP

Über Member

Unfortunately I have had the exact opposite with two of the Hull branches.

The staff in Clough Road refuse to take my British Cycling card stating different reasons each time. Both times Customer Services have had to send me a gift card to cover what I should have had.

The staff in St. Andrew's Quay stand around chatting while I wait 20 minutes for a click and collect order. They stated because the order contained bike stuff, the bike hut had to process it, which is just not correct.

I only use Halfords if it's either very cheap or I am desperate.

NorvernRob

They've done it to me several times on sale items. I've gone to pickup, there's nothing there and it never turns up. It's annoying as the stuff can be really cheap, one time I did get a Gore windproof gilet and Gore jersey for £35, when everywhere else the gilet alone was £50. It's usually those kind of deals that don't turn up in the store, which makes it even worse!

Top Bottom