Halfords Click and dont collect.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
they did that for me with a garmin 200…
As I mentioned upthread, they now price match with themselves, so that will save you a bit of faff.

Sandra6

Veteran
If you think Halfords is bad try m&s.
Ordered some school uniform, chose Thursday for collection.
Complete transaction and it tells me my order will be ready after 12 unless it's a food order which will be ready on the day of collection.
Then comes an email to say it'll be ready on Thursday.
This morning's email declares it is ready for collection. Orders can be collected after 12.
Is it ready or not?!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Took advantage of the flash sale online (extra 10%off everything, including sale items) at lunchtime today and ordered to pick up from the Halifax store.
Got a text approx 1hr after placing the order to say it was ready and collected it on my way home from work.
Was in the store for under 5 mins and back on my way.
Can't fault them. :okay:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
My attempt to Click and Collect the Fausto Coppi book from The Works was a dismal failure.

No communication from them at all about the order, just an email yesterday (after waiting a month) to say that my payment was being refunded.

To add insult to injury, I now appear to be on their mailing list for daft offers I have no interest in.

L Q

Über Member
I ordered the CX team on the flash sale today, couldn't collect it from Lincoln and the nearest branch with stock is Grimsby so I get a phone call 20 mins afterr placing the order and as I ordered the 57.5cm frame the sales assistant asked me if I am 7ft tall. I did lol.

Going to pop into Lincoln tomorrow and see if they will take over the order for me.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
I have clicked to collect from Halfrauds three times and when i have gone to collect they have not had the item in stock.:sad:

D

Deleted member 23692

Came home from work tonight and ordered a ladies Subway 1 for a colleague. I then ate my grub, nipped down to the store and picked it up.

Totally fuss free: in and out of the store in around 5mins. With their 'spend and save' discount, British Cycling discount and Quidco I saved £50.

We must be lucky in Carlisle as I've never had a problem shopping there

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandra6

Veteran
You are indeed lucky @Ffoeg

hedder2212

I've never had a issue either and I use them all the time. The Walsall store is practically my second home.
As im always repairing bikes for family/friends im always in there buying tyres, tubes, chains, cassettes etc,never had a issue with click and collect apart from when they didn't have a cassette lock ring tool that I needed but the bike hut guy just gave me one out of their own tool kit. Ive even turned up 5 mins after reserving items and it says itll be a hour before they are ready and staff have been great. When I do a bulk buy too (usually when im building a bike from scratch) the manager will give me a small discount to say thanks.
Though I have to say the store I used to work for (Cannock) was absolutely useless.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
I never had a problem with click and collect. They always called me to say it was ready, then I went and collected it. Couldn't have been simpler or easier.

potsy

Rambler
Ordered a couple of tyres on the 'click & collect' service on the 3rd September, still waiting for notification that they are ready but I have just received an email asking me to review my purchase :unsure:

I actually found the same tyres much cheaper elsewhere and have been using them for nearly 2 weeks ^_^

midlife

Guru
Came home from work tonight and ordered a ladies Subway 1 for a colleague. I then ate my grub, nipped down to the store and picked it up.

Totally fuss free: in and out of the store in around 5mins. With their 'spend and save' discount, British Cycling discount and Quidco I saved £50.

We must be lucky in Carlisle as I've never had a problem shopping there

In and out of Haslfords 5 minutes, up and down London Road 50 minutes :smile:

Shaun

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Ordered a couple of tyres on the 'click & collect' service on the 3rd September, still waiting for notification that they are ready but I have just received an email asking me to review my purchase :unsure:

I actually found the same tyres much cheaper elsewhere and have been using them for nearly 2 weeks ^_^

Last time I ordered some tyres from halfords I turned up to pick them up & they weren't there, so the manager said come back tomorrow and they will be here and you can have them for half price :okay:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've praised Halfords many times, including earlier in the thread, but my last click n collect failed - I got confirmation that the order was ready to pick up, got to store and it hadn't arrived. Staff told me it hadn't even left the warehouse, but they'd text / call when it came in.
That was 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting...:headshake:

Top Bottom