Halfords (Comment, not a moan).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Round here, Evans and Halfords have the same opening hours.

I bought a £10 pair of lights from Halfords, mainly to be road legal (on well-lit streets, lights are almost redundant). They lasted about a week before spontaneously deciding that a Trek folder was a less congenial home than tarmac.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I find that Halforfds are excellent at ordering bits they dont have in stock. If you order something not in stock on line they give you an estimated date then let you know by text and email. You need to know what you want before going into the shop, the quality of advice you receive varies hugely depending on who serves you but that applies to most LBSs as well.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Getting back to the OP's slant, yes it's good see cycling's popularity increase. Of course many bikes will be sitting unused or be sold by the end of the year, but many folk will find that they actually enjoy cycling and stick with it.

The more cyclists on the road, the better for all of us. I've noticed drivers being overly courteous and giving extra berths since the TDF and Olympics.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Getting back to the OP's slant, yes it's good see cycling's popularity increase. Of course many bikes will be sitting unused or be sold by the end of the year, but many folk will find that they actually enjoy cycling and stick with it.

I agree. Too many 'chav' and 'POB' threads on here for me. I'm more optimistic than others. I think some people stick with it and even (eventually) after some time go on to get other bikes. Not that it matters. Somewhere I went that had a much more bike culture than even London a lot of the bikes were dutch style, city bikes and MTBs. No one minded.

I have wondered whether cycling turned a corner sometime last year. Official numbers in the city have been on an upward trend for a while, but I've wondered what the significance if any of apparently seeing more cyclists round where I live - something rare.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Even if they only ride their new bikes for a few months hopefully it will make them more aware of cyclists when they are driving.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I agree. Too many 'chav' and 'POB' threads on here for me. I'm more optimistic than others. I think some people stick with it and even (eventually) after some time go on to get other bikes. Not that it matters. Somewhere I went that had a much more bike culture than even London a lot of the bikes were dutch style, city bikes and MTBs. No one minded.

I have wondered whether cycling turned a corner sometime last year. Official numbers in the city have been on an upward trend for a while, but I've wondered what the significance if any of apparently seeing more cyclists round where I live - something rare.

Talking of which, Saturday lunchtime, Brighton (Hollingdean to be precise) bloke on a bike wearing full on chav uniform of Bench shell/tracksuit and a baseball cap of some description, tab hanging from lip, talking on his mobile, rode past me on a Litespeed ?Xicon? road bike. I don't think he came by it entirely honestly.

But even he was preferable to the dildo-barred tragi-comic fixie riding hipsters I encountered later in the day.

Chrisc

Guru

Seems to be more on the road. 8 of us met up at a moorland crossroads yesterday morning, bike traffic jam!

Round here, Evans and Halfords have the same opening hours.

I bought a £10 pair of lights from Halfords, mainly to be road legal (on well-lit streets, lights are almost redundant). They lasted about a week before spontaneously deciding that a Trek folder was a less congenial home than tarmac.
I see Halfords have caught the Olympic Spirit...have been looking at their bikes on and off for a couple of weeks...oh look they have put the price of their bikes up....still 30% off some bikes but spookily the net price has risen £10

Top Bottom