Halfords Subway 1 sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone got a Subway 1? At 5' 8" with a 31" inside leg, should I be looking at a 18" or a 20" frame? I had a sit on an 18", but with nothing to compare it with, it's hard to know what it should feel like. Also, given that the stem isn't adjustable, what kind of 'seat height to bar height' relationship would you go for?

[Aside - I missed a chance here: Halfords prices have gone up since I first looked :smile:]

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have/have had Subways 1's in both 18" and 20". I'm the same as you height and inside leg wise. Both frames fit ok, depends if you prefer more seatpost or not and more reach or not. The stem used to be adjustable (perhaps they have change to cut costs).

OP
OP
beanzontoast
ianrauk said:
I have/have had Subways 1's in both 18" and 20". I'm the same as you height and inside leg wise. Both frames fit ok, depends if you prefer more seatpost or not and more reach or not. The stem used to be adjustable (perhaps they have change to cut costs).

Cheers Ian - yes, I think the stem has changed; the Subway 2 has an adjustable stem I believe.

Of the two sizes, which did you get on best with?

Top Bottom