Halfords survey 59% call for cycle number plates.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does it say how many people took part in this survey?
I used to work there and it could be a right pain trying to make number plates, especially when the customer didn't wish to give you their telephone number. Sorry no number no plate.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Most non cyclists would like to see laws on cycling toughened up.

Most non motorcyclists would like to see laws on motorcycles toughened up.

Most non horse riders would like to see laws on horse riding toughened up.

Most non smokers would like to see laws on smoking toughened up.

Most helmet wearers would like to see them made compulsory.

I could go on, but we'd run out of internet. Whatever exists in the world there is always a significant number of people who would like to see it banned or restricted, it's just a survey that nobody will take any notice of and will be forgotten tomorrow.

Get over it, it isn't worth a collective nervous breakdown. I'll still shop at Halfords.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
That reminds me:
Brain's slack. ;)

Maybe so, because I really have no idea what point you're trying to make.

classic33

Leg End Member
You could use one of if you had a sidecar.
It should have been going on the back of this...
Mine.JPG

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
And that, folks, is a large part of why this shoot keeps on spewing.
People are expressing their opinions, so what? Frothing at the mouth over them isn't going to change their minds.

Nothing will come of it, this time next week even the people who responded to the survey will have forgotten all about it. We don't need to worry about having to use number plates because it ain't going to happen.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
People are expressing their opinions, so what? Frothing at the mouth over them isn't going to change their minds.
Yeah, on that we agree: the thing they're going to understand is hitting them in the profit margin by not shopping there. Hopefully some CUK and BC members will push their respective clubs to break off with them, but as I mentioned earlier, I think it's unlikely because even many cyclists would rather keep buying overpriced tat from them than discourage this sort of divisive stirring. BICBW

1. How was this survey conducted? I've been a Halfords online customer in the past and have seen no invites.
2. Did someone read the Daily Mail online and just turn the comments section into a questionnaire?
3. There's a lot of things on wheels with number plates out there, are they all driving like angels?
4. Forgetting the driving license for the moment, I passed Cycling Proficiency when I was 11, will that still count as training?

Top Bottom