Halfords survey 59% call for cycle number plates.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had to google the acronym first.

There's no (apparent, I skimmed) mention of methodology in the report. Where do you think he would find it?

(about 70% of the UK population have a driving licence, but only 54% of those surveyed, so it doesn't look at all random)

Though google took me to pressreader, with this unsurprising by disheartening result.
Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 16.31.10.jpg

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I had to google the acronym first.

It's a good start.

Where do you think he would find it?

JFGI?

Here, I've done it for you:
https://yougov.co.uk/
That's the yougov front page. There's nothing about methodology there. But at least now I know what you were suggesting we google.

That takes me to https://yougov.co.uk/about/panel-methodology/

But I still have no idea of the criteria they used to select the 2000 for Halfords, because the number of licensed drivers is so different from the general population, it's doesn't seem representative transport wise, at least.

petek

Über Member
Oh dear, more depressing reading from the anti brigade. Cyclists as road rebels? what like Hell's Angels on Cannondales? Maybe that would have the average Daily Fail reader locking up their daughters or something.

Road "Rebels".
Us?
Shome mishtake shurely!
How?
( Daily Mail reader here).

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I still have no idea of the criteria they used to select the 2000 for Halfords, because the number of licensed drivers is so different from the general population, it's doesn't seem representative transport wise, at least.

Yes, opinion pollsters use flawed methods. This should come as no surprise to anyone who has followed the last couple of UK general elections.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh dear, more depressing reading from the anti brigade. Cyclists as road rebels? what like Hell's Angels on Cannondales? Maybe that would have the average Daily Fail reader locking up their daughters or something.
Do you really think the average Daily Fail reader could tell a Cannondale from a Chippendale?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
How did we get from number plates to antique furniture?
I just liked the idea of Hell's Anglers on either type of Chippendale, but couldn't find a picture of either or find time to mock one up.

I wouldn’t have thought turkeys are going to vote for Christmas.
Neither did I but.... ooooh, shall we say Trump this time?

Top Bottom