Halfords to drop Boardman bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
The staff are always the last to know.

I look forward to the delivery of my "Bradders Mod Machine" circa 2015
cigno.jpg

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Specialized at halfords?...surely not. I would have thought theirrout to market was currently much more efficient than using a budget store like Halfords.

I agree, I would have second thoughts about buying specialized if it were put together at a halfords branch (or even sold there to be honest). Its the same thing that put me off Boardman bikes.

Specialized is a well established brand Boardman wasn't (at least it didnt seem to be to me) when it joined Halfords. I dont think Spech need Halfords.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
To be fair, S***-works has been a long-standing part of their business model...:whistle:

frayBentos59

Specialized OCD
What a heart breaking topic. Not so much the Boardman but with regards to Spesh. Years of building the brand Only to allow it to go to dog crap overnight. Seeing that tour de Francis plonker on an S-Works would be rubbing salt in the wounds. Fingers crossed this is a wind up????

Crosstrailer

Some of you Boardman fanboys do make me laugh automatically assuming that Boardman are dropping Halfords....nothing against Boardman bikes but let's just say they have a lot of catching up to do

Bike manufacturers can be picky about their retailer - after I had bought my Marin I was speaking to a chap at Evans about why they didnt sell them, apparently it had been on the cards but Marin wanted them to stock the entire range rather than the (as Evans wanted) just the one's they wanted to.

sean8997

MEKK Poggio 3.5 & Merida Cyclocross 3
My LBS (the bike factory Chester) already stocks Boardman bikes albeit top end models £2-£3-£4k+ which are not stocked in Halfords

Top Bottom