halfords......unbelievable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Not only Halfords - I recall visiting a bike shop near Bristol some years ago where the young assistant had no knowledge of toe-straps. Shop now closed.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We must be scraping the barrel of employable people, since the Gov't tells us we now have the highest employment in 45 years. I wonder what figures they fiddled to reach that conclusion?

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
D4664E81-F01D-4D8B-8CEB-B08F67558AD6.jpeg
Fluro green bar tape bought from buy a bike at charnock richard for £7.99 ....., feck orf hellfrauds

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I think that the basic problem with some Halfords is the training. They take on youngsters with little basic knowledge of the products they are selling, and throw them in at the deep end on the sales counter. If only the manager of the store had the wherewithall and the resources to teach the staff the basics first, then, over a period of time the mechanic showing said youngster the basics of bicycle maintenance, then more advanced things, the said staff would have a basic knowledge.--------

I know, how about apprenticeships. How radical an idea is that.:rolleyes:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Stores are a reflection on the manager. A good manager gets the best out of what he/she has got and it can really show. I used to have to call on a lot of B&M stores, all facing the same staffing and budgetary restrictions but some were places where everyone was happy whilst others made your heart sink the second you walked in the door.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
View attachment 467094 Fluro green bar tape bought from buy a bike at charnock richard for £7.99 ....., feck orf hellfrauds
Jesus.... I'm going to give Halfords the benefits of the doubt on this one. I suspect the guys had seen the bartape in all its horrible glory and assumed they were doing you a favour in denying its very existence...

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I think that the basic problem with some Halfords is the training. They take on youngsters with little basic knowledge of the products they are selling, and throw them in at the deep end on the sales counter. If only the manager of the store had the wherewithall and the resources to teach the staff the basics first, then, over a period of time the mechanic showing said youngster the basics of bicycle maintenance, then more advanced things, the said staff would have a basic knowledge.--------

I know, how about apprenticeships. How radical an idea is that.:rolleyes:

There may be something in this. There was a member on here, (a lady IIRC), who expressed frustration whilst working within the cycling section of Halfords. She left to move to a car dealership if memory serves correctly.

DRM

Guru
Nipped in to the local Cycle Republic today as I needed some new cleats as the current ones have just about had it, price was £19.99, these were priced at £12.49 on their website, reduced from £16.99, ok says guy at the till, we do price match who has them at that price, you do says me, showing him the webpage on my phone, so he put them through, then had to take another 10% off for the British Cycling discount, his face was a picture

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I've just printed off my latest DPD returns label and I see Halfords are no longer listed as a participating retailer

Top Bottom