Halfords Web Site Mess Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
If you're going to get all saloon bar lawyer over this, at the very least spell your Latin terms correctly.
Point taken. I was possibly thinking of flightless birds. I'm not a saloon bar lawyer by the way. A bit of research on this site alone will give you an insight.

dominos dodo?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
the jealously
Into what? How much of a prig you are? Or is this just the willy-waving of your title?

yep being an honest person is priggish...grow up....there are no excuses or justifications people have either behaved dishonestly or not, whether that dishonesty has been assisted by a website error, absent shop assistant, wallet left on desk...it doesn't matter.

Cubist

Still wavin'
dominos dodo?
Twelve inch crispy? Now their prices are criminal.

zophiel

Veteran
I had made the mess of the code system they had in my job (running 2 internet shops and a B&B) i would have been sacked.

I'm bitter and twisted that my measley order of 9 inner tubes was one they caught and didn't honour, even more pissed off that the order for xxx tins of GT85/ muc off etc etc didn't make it through either :laugh:

Better luck next time, Halfords will just declare it a tax write off, the tax-payer will foot the bill, always presuming that Halfords are one of the few companies that actually pay tax correctly in this country rather than swindling the population through loop holes like Amazon et al.

Steve Malkin

Veteran
I see it as dishonest and exploitative...

I find it faintly absurd to label all those who took advantage of this as nauseating criminals and compare us to looters.

Halfords have my name and address so they know exactly who I am, what I bought and what price I paid for it.
I offered to buy some stuff from their website and they chose to sell it to me.
They made a mistake in offering a bigger discount than they had intended to, but CHOSE to fulfil the order anyway.

The idea that they couldn't do anything about this this because "automated systems" had fulfilled the order is ridiculous.
It would have been a matter of 5 minutes work for them to run a query against their database to identify all orders placed in the affected time period which had used the offending discount code and stop them if they wanted to.

You have the warm inner glow of satisfaction that comes from knowing your moral standards are far higher than the rest of us thieving scum.
I however have have some bargain priced gear cables and bar tape and that feels pretty good to me.

I wont be losing any sleep over my reprehensible behaviour...

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
The idea that they couldn't do anything about this this because "automated systems" had fulfilled the order is ridiculous.

why should anyone have to take action to stop you stealing, have you no self control?

Top Bottom