Halfords Web Site Mess Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu Plows

Coming soon: Bonking on a hill near you!
Well this escalated since the last time I saw it...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My order's delayed because I just missed DPD this morning by about a minute :cry: - it's coming Friday instead.

Not that there's a huge amount in it. And it's got a number of higher-priced items in.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
They didn't offer them at reduced price. They bolloxed a discount code that meant the prices were wiped as long as you made single orders for items under a fiver. People discovered this and exploited the error, knowing that they would avoid having to pay for items at all. The term "dishonest" is key to most offences under the Theft Act, and although it isn't defined, the question to a court or a jury is whether or not a reasonable person would describe the actions as honest. So, a person who, knowing that an error will mean he will be sent stuff the company does not want to give to him for free exploits that error by ordering £1400 worth of stuff is not, in my argument, acting honestly.

See also Actus Rheus and Mens Rhea
As I understand it, to get £1400 of goods you'd need to place 280 £5 orders. Is that right?

What on earth would even a very keen cyclist do with £1400 of relatively low value bits and pieces, such as inner tubes and the like? Sell on Ebay? I just don't get it.

SpokesT

All these people accusing others of theft, bwahahahaha! As any fule kno, theft only occurs where a person dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it. And fraud only occurs when a person makes a false representation which makes a gain for themselves or a loss for another (the latter not the actual legal definition but good enough to get my trainees through their qualification).

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
As I understand it, to get £1400 of goods you'd need to place 280 £5 orders. Is that right?

What on earth would even a very keen cyclist do with £1400 of relatively low value bits and pieces, such as inner tubes and the like? Sell on Ebay? I just don't get it.

I think he is using them as charity prizes in a raffle or something along those lines...

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Well Cubist, MacB had a like fest from me. Don't care about the legal stance just my internal moral compass would have been severely knocked out of balance.

simon.r

Person
I think my moral compass has different bearings.

Chief Exec of Halfords' salary is £500k plus bonus of upto £750k: http://www.halfordscompany.com/investors/rns/rns-news/11351932

image.jpg

Next batch due to be delivered on Thursday:thumbsup:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I suspect all those who are rubbing their hands together after taking advantage of what they are conveniently choosing to call an 'offer', would quickly change stance should someone exploit a loophole in order to deprive them of their property.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I suspect all those who are rubbing their hands together after taking advantage of what they are conveniently choosing to call an 'offer', would quickly change stance should someone exploit a loophole in order to deprive them of their property.
Its called the law . Those of us that run a business use this law thing as a basic business structure and if we mess up a price we still stick to our price rather than pass our mistake on to the customer ( that would be against the law )
I lost about 10k last year on one job due to my own mistake . I honoured my price as it wasn't my customers fault that I was a farkwit :blink:

Top Bottom