Halfords Web Site Mess Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
So do I. Which part of your avarice decided you needed all those bottle holders & seat clamps? Crap ones at that.

Bottle holders (which are reasonable quality) will get used by me, friends and family over the next few years. I need one seat clamp, I imagine the rest will be given away in time.

See my earlier link for a better example of avarice.

FWIW I never expected the orders to be fulfilled.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Good grief! Nine bottles of Muc-Off!

Apparently they're a fiver each.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_160859_langId_-1_categoryId_228374

Think I'd rather just buy a few packs of baby wipes!

Edit: £5 is the offer price, they're supposed to be £8.99! :eek:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Bottle holders (which are reasonable quality) will get used by me, friends and family over the next few years. I need one seat clamp, I imagine the rest will be given away in time.

See my earlier link for a better example of avarice.

FWIW I never expected the orders to be fulfilled.
I don't think any of us did .

simon.r

Person
What's your point?

The 'moral compass'. If a company can afford to pay their Chief Exec £1m a year they can afford to lose a few thousand pounds as a result of a mistake. If the mistake had been made by Joe Bloggs LBS I wouldn't have taken advantage and I don't imagine for one second that they would have delivered the items if I had.

I would guess that Halfords made a conscious decision to fulfill the few thousand pounds of orders that got through. I can think of a number of reasons why they may have made that decision.

Veganpower

What's with all the hate on here? live and let live. A conscience is one's own.

400bhp

Guru
The 'moral compass'. If a company can afford to pay their Chief Exec £1m a year they can afford to lose a few thousand pounds as a result of a mistake. If the mistake had been made by Joe Bloggs LBS I wouldn't have taken advantage and I don't imagine for one second that they would have delivered the items if I had.

I would guess that Halfords made a conscious decision to fulfill the few thousand pounds of orders that got through. I can think of a number of reasons why they may have made that decision.

Oh right, so you're of the argument, "it can't hurt them cos they won't notice"

Someone is likely to have been sacked over this. I will have no effect on the Chief Exec at all.

400bhp

Guru
What's with all the hate on here? live and let live. A conscience is one's own.

I don't believe it''s hate. Some people are getting a little emotive about the issue. It's their right to do that. I think it is pretty morally objectionable, but I don't want to sit here and be judge and jury. Everyone needs to examine their own conscience. Some are saying they wouldn't have done it if it was Jonny LBS down the street for example.

Now, you know what I might have done. Got the "offer" then dished out a load of it free to CC peeps.^_^

simon.r

Person
Oh right, so you're of the argument, "it can't hurt them cos they won't notice"

Someone is likely to have been sacked over this. I will have no effect on the Chief Exec at all.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make, but yes, I'm sure the amount lost will make no difference to Halfords. Maybe they'll have to reduce their share dividend by 0.01p per share to compensate?

To be blunt, if I made a mistake of that magnitude I'd expect to be sacked as well.

400bhp

Guru
That wasn't the point I was trying to make, but yes, I'm sure the amount lost will make no difference to Halfords. Maybe they'll have to reduce their share dividend by 0.01p per share to compensate?

To be blunt, if I made a mistake of that magnitude I'd expect to be sacked as well.

Well, that makes it OK then:rolleyes:

Top Bottom