Halfords Web Site Mess Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I pinched an empty cardboard bike box from the bins at the back of my local Halfords recently.

Just sayin'

For the avoidance of doubt: That's an empty cardboard box that once contained a bike. Not an empty box that once contained a cardboard bike.

Although, on second thoughts, I can't be completely sure that the bike that it originally contained wasn't cardboard, as the box was empty.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had made the mess of the code system they had in my job (running 2 internet shops and a B&B) i would have been sacked.
And perhaps someone at halfords will be over this? Be interesting if the actions would have been the same if this had been Wiggle or a small online LBS

Steve Malkin

Veteran
aren't thieves so much more palatable when they have a sense of humour about it, that smiley makes all the difference
There you go again with the 'thief' thing.
I have already explained why I don't believe any criminal act was involved here, both parties agreed to the terms and money was exchanged in return for the goods.
You may find it morally reprehensible of me to have taken advantage of their mistake, but criminal? - please explain your reasoning.

Of course if you truly believe that a crime has taken place then you must go and report the matter to the police immediately, I would be more than happy to explain my actions to them.

I think we can just settle that is thread is divided as such:-

On one side, people who have taken advantage of a good offer by Halfords, which was in line with their website terms and conditions and is governed by the Sales of Goods Act under English law.

On the other, people who chose not to take advantage of the said offer, most likely as they thought it would not be honoured.

I would fully understand that the latter group would be antangonised when the benefit of hindsight reveals their initial decision was wrong. But I'm not sure it justifies the trolling and libel which has now filled this thread.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I think we can just settle that is thread is divided as such:-

On one side, people who have taken advantage of a good offer by Halfords, which was in line with their website terms and conditions and is governed by the Sales of Goods Act under English law.

On the other, people who chose not to take advantage of the said offer, most likely as they thought it would not be honoured.

I would fully understand that the latter group would be antangonised when the benefit of hindsight reveals their initial decision was wrong. But I'm not sure it justifies the trolling and libel which has now filled this thread.

yet more self justifying claptrap - your own posts reveal that you were fully aware there was an error and you weren't taking advantage of an offer.

As for sour grapes, nonsense, you don't like being called a thief then don't steal, it's that simple. This isn't trolling or libel it's a plain statement of fact unlike the spin you're trying to place on things.

potsy

Rambler
Theft :ohmy:
Do you think I'd be best handing myself in or waiting for the knock on the door from the rozzers?

Anyway it's partly @MacB's fault for not stocking up his second hand parts emporium, I've had to turn to crime to be able to afford to carry on cycling :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom