Halifax TV Adverts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Do Halifax go out of their way to make the worst adverts on TV?. After that Howard fella, the minging singers, now the radio ones... xx( :ohmy:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
All I can say is..... Sorry :wacko::blush::blush:

Slowgrind

They seem to say to me "We've got all your money and we'll make the crapiest add's that we like, because we can!" Smile.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I actually turned the tv off yesterday when that one came on. It is the single most annoying advert i have ever seen.
Left the Halifax years ago when they adopted the faceless call centre business model.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
hackbike 666 said:
You ever tried banking there?

That's a bundle of laughs as well.

I still bank with them despite wanting to scalp Howard and they have never done me much wrong!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's part of that "lets make our staff look like complete f******g idiots" sub-genre that was breifly embraced by Sainsburys et al.

mark barker

I loved the Halifax ad when they used Vanilla Ice... Makes a nice change to see ads that don't take themselves too seriously or try and be arty. At the moment the best ad must be the Orange ad with the woman trying to decide who to add as her magic number. Not sure if its a good ad or if my judgment has been clouded by the lovely red head? :wacko:

Ste T.

Guru
Private eye have a collumn called ad nausium in which people send examples of lazy bastard ad execs, ripping off ideas from films, TV or other ads. The days when original thought flourished in advertising seems to be over for the most part and it's a real pleasure when you come across one that is funny and new.
The ads I hate at the moment are those small vingettes that BT put out with the young dope and his older humourless shoot of a partner who takes every oppertunity she can to put him down and roles her dead fish eyes and shakes her head everytime he does something wrong. Did I mention that I don't like it?
The worst part of the industry though is the way they get inside your head without you knowing it. My two girls were in the garden the other day singing " we buy any car.... any any any any"
I can tell you the phone number off by heart of Maincrest car and van hire. It's ingrained into my head from a radio jingle I haven't heard for thirty years, yet I can't remember my own mobile no.

mark barker

Ste T. said:
The worst part of the industry though is the way they get inside your head without you knowing it. My two girls were in the garden the other day singing " we buy any car.... any any any any"
Glad my daughters aren't the only ones! "Lollypop. lollypop" from the Dell ads gets sung a fair bit around here too...

They have gone from the OTT all singing and dancing ads (pre crunch) to the downscale run-around-and-give-you-a-fiver and crap radio station ads post crunch.

Funny to see as before they were trying to look big and now they are trying to look small and friendly.

I did quite fancy the "isa isa baby" woman. (Cue leave my deposit joke)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The ones that currently arouse my disdain are Nationwide's Little Britain ones. You can just see how those started out with some half-bright 'creative' looking to tap into the nation's favourite new comedy duo, then spent so long dragging through endless meetings and negotiations with humourless self-important Nationwide 'Executive Account Directors' that by the time they finally reach the screen they're trying to tap into something that's been and gone about four or five years ago...

rh100

Natwest ones have got to be as bad as the Halifax ones.

And the Halifax ones are not even their own staff anymore, I'm sure one of them was in the VW advert.

Top Bottom