Halloween is here. Anyone scared?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Last year on Halloween, I took great delight in going out for a ride just to see what people are dressed as. TBH there werent many people out.

So what do you do to avoid people knocking on your front door? And has anyone been scared off their bike yet?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Not many kids come to the door round here, maybe 2 or 3 each year. I don't really get what its about though, seems like a bunch of kids asking their neighbours for sweets :smile:

I like the sound of riding around in the evening though, might give that a go.

Plax

Guru
I usually switch all the lights off in the front of the house and go and hide in the back. Sometimes I go and stay at Mr Plax's house as he has electric gates and they can't get in lol. This year I think I might hide in the gym until it closes.

ohnovino

Large Member
Not bothered about Halloween. Bought a big bag of Haribo in case anyone calls, and I'm hoping I'll have to find a use for it myself.

I am a little concerned about tonight: round here it's the night before Halloween when there's trouble, and a cyclist makes for a good target. I think I'll be sticking to the main roads on the way home and avoiding the back streets.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
when I was a lad Halloween was nothing in comparison to the glory of Mischief Night: knock-a-door-run, garden creeping, hedge hopping, gate crashing (not parties)... all good honest fun.

fortunately I live in area of town which is half Asian, half student... so no bugger comes knocking at my door asking 'trick or treat'.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Hopefully we won't get any around here as I usually scare them off.
Demanding a reward for not causing damage or vandalism isn't a good moral attitude for young people.

Anyway, I have an axe behind the front door in case they have run out of treats to offer me!:whistle:

potsy

Rambler
I'm already sick to the back teeth of being asked if I have a penny for the guy every time i go shopping, trick or treat is even worse as they come to you to beg :headshake:

Bah humbug.

Maz

Guru
I'm already sick to the back teeth of being asked if I have a penny for the guy every time i go shopping, trick or treat is even worse as they come to you to beg :headshake:

Bah humbug.
I'm amazed kids still do that these days. Do they actually have a Guy with them or are they just saying 'Penny for the guy'?

Top Bottom