Halloween is here. Anyone scared?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 2126262, member: 259"]Me too. We were out and up to no good not scrounging for tuffies! :evil:

My wife loves all the kitschy stuff and the house is full of plastic skulls and fake cobwebs at the moment. Yuck![/quote]

Living in a house that was built in 1660 that has exposed beams and large inglenook fireplaces, the spiders love it - we have real cobwebs not fake :tongue:; unfortunately, all year round not just Halloween :sad: .

Also we get very few people since moving into the this house, perhaps is due to the pieces of wood which hold up the porch roof for the front door being carved lion's legs with the paws holding on to the door frame and the knocker is a lions head holding the knocker clapper in its mouth. So even without a carved pumpkin, can be a bit intimidating.

nathanicola

When i was 17 a mate and i thought it would be funny to go around the village trick or treating (theres not much to do before you pass your test around here) well a certain girl of the same age was home alone and to cut a long story short, i certainly got a treat that night.;) 22 years later we're still together and its also our 13th wedding anniversary on halloween too. so we have a bit of a soft spot for the halloween thing and have loads of sweets ready for the local kids.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'm amazed kids still do that these days. Do they actually have a Guy with them or are they just saying 'Penny for the guy'?

They get really narky when you give them 1p though.

We live right at the very end of a small village, about 1/2 mile up from the next house, we live down a half a mile long farm track and behind a 6' hedge. If the trick or treaters can find us, we will part with some haribo!

Where we used to live, the kids only knocked on if you had a pumpkin lantern in your window or doorway. They just ignored the ones with no 'jack-o-lantern' (I think that's what they are called anyway)

Maz

Guru
They get really narky when you give them 1p though.
I think I'll give them 1p and say "b'di-b'di-b'di, that's all, Fowkes!'
Porky_Pig-logo-818B26DAF9-seeklogo.com.gif

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
where is this ??

Ipswich Malthouse, we just did the soundcheck a night early.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351631507.694529.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
We just had Pumpkin Evening at my work - pumpkin carving contest, pumpkin soup and cakes, and me painting pumpkins onto kids hands and faces. Nice way for local families to do the pumpkin carving bit, without any other Halloween connotations....

subaqua

What’s the point
A friend of mine tried to make sweet chilli sauce close to halloween one year. he ended up with chilli toffee. the kids loved it apparently.

have been to willows farm village today and got the pumpkins, one is carved already, no sweeties to give out to the kids who knock though. will ignore them. its got too americanised

D

Deleted member 1258

I just put a notice on the door saying Trick or Treat no thanks, seems to keep them away.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
That's inviting them to leave 'something' in it.

A few strategically placed water sprinklers should do the trick should you catch them..... Well.... On the job.

Seriously though, we rarely have anyone here, and if we do then its usually some little kids with their Mum who have picked our house evidently at random. Anyway, isn't it tomorrow night? (Wednesday?).

Top Bottom