Drago
Legendary Member
- Location
- The Urban Fringe
Rummaging round in the garage found the dual bander I had in the XC90. Its a wide bander and covers 446 which will be useful when camping, so thats going in the van this week.
CQ, CQ
Any other radio amateurs here?
de
MM0KOZ
2EORGJ, but not currently active. So much has gone to digimodes and that doesnt appeal to me.
Although I still hold the licence, G6DDQ, I am no longer active on Amateur Radio. Seems that there is little activity on 145 M/cs and above especially in this area.
I’ve never thought of this before but I’m aware of people being called ‘radio hams’. What does ham (presumably not porcine) actually mean?
iirc the term "ham" as an amateur in anything, comes from way back when amateur actors were hams, or hamming it up on stage, due to ham fat being used to make their stage make up
Spent the morning stringing up a random wire and 9:1 UNUN so I can finally get the Xiegu running. Got about 32mmetres,up very discreet. Will use it for SWL as well.