Hamilton again (Spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
He's won the Chinese GP and is now seven points clear of Massa, only Brazil to go so he may make it. Räikkönen slowed down during the final laps to let Massa past and gain an extra place to go second. Now if McLaren had done that there would probably have been a penalty imposed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Pig

Keith Oates said:
Now if McLaren had done that there would probably have been a penalty imposed!

Think you're right about that. Bet Hamilton bumbles the last race anyway...

Will1985

Über Member
Clearly a case of team orders - Raikonnen did not look happy the moment he crossed the line - sped round on his inlap, looked fed up before going onto the podium, looked fed up on the podium, did not step off the podium during the champagne, played with his fingernails during the post-race interview. Obviously he had to be careful what to say, but the fact that he was putting in fast laps once Massa had passed him smacks very strongly of a racer being ordered to give way.

There is no way that a car can be strong for 50 laps and then conveniently encounter a "problem" for a lap as your teammate passes you.

I have to say, unless Hamilton can split the Ferraris at Interlagos, the title is Massa's for the taking - he will dominate there.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Hamilton only has to follow the Ferraris round at Interlagos and the title is his. I think he only needs to come fifth.

I'm surprised there has been no fuss about Alonsos' comment that he would do everything he could to help Massa win the title. If Steven gerrard said he would do eveything he could to help Man U finish ahead of Chelsea in the premier he would be looking at a seriously long ban.

Will1985

Über Member
Of course - my maths deserted me there! I think he still has to be looking at top 2 or 3 anyway otherwise he'll be caught in fights lower down which could cost him places or the race, especially given Alonso's comments!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Smokin Joe said:
Hamilton only has to follow the Ferraris round at Interlagos and the title is his. I think he only needs to come fifth.

I'm surprised there has been no fuss about Alonsos' comment that he would do everything he could to help Massa win the title. If Steven gerrard said he would do eveything he could to help Man U finish ahead of Chelsea in the premier he would be looking at a seriously long ban.

IIRC he said to help Masa and Ferrari win the championship, for that he probably got a pat on the back from the FIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is twice now that Ferrari have told the leading driver in a race to slow down and let the man behind take the higher position in order to gain more points. Can't call it cheating (well maybe you can) but definitely a lack of fair play. Anyway rerun is about to start so I will see for myself:smile:.

TBH I've not watched a lot of F1 in the last couple years. The absence of overtaking, the politics, the lack of drivers with any sort of "character", the terrible coverage on ITV, circuits all starting to look the same (except Spa and Monza) and the hyperbole surrounding Saint Lewis of Hamilton. It's just not worth my interest any more.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Max is convinced next year's regs will allow more overtaking. I do think he has a point as the year they changed the width of the cars moved things backwards and the amount of junk on the car does interfere with overtaking.

Headgardener said:
This is twice now that Ferrari have told the leading driver in a race to slow down and let the man behind take the higher position in order to gain more points. Can't call it cheating (well maybe you can) but definitely a lack of fair play. Anyway rerun is about to start so I will see for myself:smile:.
It's only team orders if the team radio the drivers to swap positions during the race. If it's been decided upon before the race starts then it's perfectly ok...
Go figure. :biggrin:

Personally I hope that the extra point that the stewards found down the back of the sofa and gave to Massa in Japan doesn't make any difference to the championship.

Lardyboy said:
TBH I've not watched a lot of F1 in the last couple years. The absence of overtaking, the politics, the lack of drivers with any sort of "character", the terrible coverage on ITV, circuits all starting to look the same (except Spa and Monza) and the hyperbole surrounding Saint Lewis of Hamilton. It's just not worth my interest any more.
It's been great last year and this. More excitement, more overtaking and frankly Hamilton is brilliant to watch. You could never accuse him of being clinical and boring, he certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Stan

Chuffy said:
It's been great last year and this. More excitement, more overtaking and frankly Hamilton is brilliant to watch. You could never accuse him of being clinical and boring, he certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat.

+1. Expect it seems the FIA don't like overtaking and are likely to give out penalties if it is seen to be aggressive.

Top Bottom