Handbags at STRAVA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
[QUOTE 4990729, member: 43827"]But were you the King of Fun?

Without the stats you can't prove a thing.[/QUOTE]

:-(

400bhp

Guru
Are you joking? People win races by being better at descending.

I've menioned this over in pro cycling but arguably, given so many (largely to do with power meter based training) are so similar on the uphills, the downhills are becoming more important.

bpsmith

Veteran
I've menioned this over in pro cycling but arguably, given so many (largely to do with power meter based training) are so similar on the uphills, the downhills are becoming more important.
Nibali’s descent at Il Lombardia on the weekend proves the point. All from descending properly.

400bhp

Guru
Nibali’s descent at Il Lombardia on the weekend proves the point. All from descending properly.
Absolutely, and in my view it was the reason he decided to make sure he caught Pinot at the top of the climb then immediately go in the front as he knew Pinot can’t descend like him.

bpsmith

Veteran
Absolutely, and in my view it was the reason he decided to make sure he caught Pinot at the top of the climb then immediately go in the front as he knew Pinot can’t descend like him.
Absolutely brilliant tactics. Race planned and executed perfectly. :smile:

bpsmith

Veteran
The way some Strava addicts prattle on it would seem that they genuinely think that if they failed to record a ride then they never actually went on it.
The beauty is that most Strava fans are quite happy to go along with the illusion that it’s the case. :smile:

pjd57

Veteran
I was looking at some of the Strava mileage that people were posting and a lot of it was Zwift...... I had no idea what it was.

They're in the gym. Is that cheating ?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I was looking at some of the Strava mileage that people were posting and a lot of it was Zwift...... I had no idea what it was.

They're in the gym. Is that cheating ?

Depends on your personal viewpoint... some of them say they've done a ride, others might say they've only simulated one. I sympathise with the latter, without the challenges of wind and traffic and potholes et al, (and the pleasures of the view, wind in the hair etc) it's not really a ride.

That's the thing with Strava though isn't it, it all depends on how seriously you take it as to whether it's something you can really "cheat" at. I'm not a KOM chaser so I think if anything they're only cheating themselves... The more competitive Strava-ites may well feel more strongly.

pjd57

Veteran
Depends on your personal viewpoint... some of them say they've done a ride, others might say they've only simulated one. I sympathise with the latter, without the challenges of wind and traffic and potholes et al, (and the pleasures of the view, wind in the hair etc) it's not really a ride.

That's the thing with Strava though isn't it, it all depends on how seriously you take it as to whether it's something you can really "cheat" at. I'm not a KOM chaser so I think if anything they're only cheating themselves... The more competitive Strava-ites may well feel more strongly.
For me it's a great time management aid.
I know how long it takes me for all my regular journeys. No more being too early for everything.

Beyond that it's a bit of fun.

Top Bottom