Has anybody dared venturing out on their bike today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
It's been quite a windy afternoon today here in Wales and was wondering if anybody has brave (or mad) enough to venture out on there bikes. I certainly didn't, but I surprised to see that many had did. There was 2 guys hurtling down the road like greased lighting this afternoon with the wind behind them, and saw some embattled soul struggling against the Gale forced winds on the granny gear. I personally thought it was a tad to dangerous to enjoy a bike ride, but i suppose its a question of each to their own.

Ajax Bay

Guru
There was 2 guys hurtling down the road like greased lighting this afternoon with the wind behind them
Strava KoM chasers, I reckon.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes I cycled two and from the tube station to go to work. It was lovely this morning, this evening it was hard work into the headwind ! Don't think we have gale force winds here but certainly breezy!

simon.r

Person
A bit gusty in Nottingham, but nothing too bad in a built up area.

I’ve been off work today and have done 3 short utility rides on the Brompton without issue.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
@Fab Foodie.
I just can't take you serious everytime i see your picture of Rigsby lol :-) :-) :-)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Rode in to work and back today as normal .

Missed the strongest winds which went through here in the early afternoon. Still did the comedy puffing and blowing pedalling downhill routine until I turned away from the wind and flew the rest of the way home.

We had an enormous dark red sun about 11 am.Never seen one quite like that in the middle of the day before, quite spooky especially as we had a yellow sky earlier.

bpsmith

Veteran
There appear to be 6 or 7 of you who ventured out today. Out of interest, how many if you were out solely to “KOM Chase”?

Just want to put that one to bed. :smile:

Top Bottom