Has anybody dared venturing out on their bike today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Complete tosh so far then... :smile:

pjd57

Veteran
I was out for a couple of hours in Glasgow this morning.
Very dull , almost dark, but humid , with little wind.
The afternoon , when I was indoors was wet and windy.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Rode in as normal with no wind at 6 am , coming home after 5 pm it was farking orrible .
Doing around 10 mph into the wind getting hit by leaves, twigs and plastic bags and the wind from across the fields trying to push you into the gutter , fence panel blown out when i got home too.

Brandane

Legendary Member
One mile each way to work, at 8am and 1pm.. Morning ride was fine with a slightly favourable wind. Homeward bound was just after the morning winds had died down, and pre Ophelia, so by our low standards it wasn't too bad. Certainly wasn't going to extend the ride though!

Effyb4

Veteran
Took youngest son to choir practise, on our bikes this evening. It was blustery on the way there, but had a great tailwind on the way home.

Slick

Guru
I didn't risk it. It was nice enough this morning but forecast was bad for the afternoon so I thought it was prudent to give it a miss. I reckon it will 've Wednesday before I get out as it's howling here at the moment which is to continue well into tomorrow.

It's only a 5 minute ride to work for me - 2pm not terribly nice, but didn't really notice when I came home at 10.

That sun was amazing this morning though, like the end of days! It also went so dark that our garden lights came on!
It reminded me of that total eclipse we had in '99 was it? We were on hols in Dorset and it not only went dark but all the birds went silent too

Top Bottom