Has anybody dared venturing out on their bike today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Still no KOM chasers it appears?

bpsmith

Veteran
Why aren't you out there? ;)
I think we know the answer to that one, sadly. :sad:

All jokes aside, I enjoy a good challenge on Strava, but still wouldn’t be out there in the 50-60 winds that his us locally yesterday.

That’s the point tbh.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think we know the answer to that one, sadly. :sad:

All jokes aside, I enjoy a good challenge on Strava, but still wouldn’t be out there in the 50-60 winds that his us locally yesterday.

That’s the point tbh.
Oh...Do you only have one bike :sad:

Any more news on that?

My evening 4 miles yesterday were pretty much into a cold headwind...no strava cups here

bpsmith

Veteran
Oh...Do you only have one bike :sad:

Any more news on that?

My evening 4 miles yesterday were pretty much into a cold headwind...no strava cups here
I do have a second bike, but I can’t wear socks yet, let alone fit my foot in a cycling shoe. Going to give it a try again tomorrow if the weather improves.

People at Leigh Day and at local Police told me there would be no update until at least today when they are back in. Not going to chase at this stage though.

Cold headwinds don’t sound like fun btw.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Another one here out in it yesterday.
Journey home is predominantly West, so an unwelcome 17 mile combination of sudden changes of wind direction around buildings and being pushed into the road on open sections.

vickster

Legendary Member
I do have a second bike, but I can’t wear socks yet, let alone fit my foot in a cycling shoe. Going to give it a try again tomorrow if the weather improves.

People at Leigh Day and at local Police told me there would be no update until at least today when they are back in. Not going to chase at this stage though.

Cold headwinds don’t sound like fun btw.
Have you had your foot looked at again? I'd see the GP if it's that painful/swollen still

bpsmith

Veteran
Have you had your foot looked at again? I'd see the GP if it's that painful/swollen still
Might well do that, although the Dr in A&E said it’s likely to remain that way for a few weeks.

Will post up on the other thread, as don’t want to hijack this one.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yeah, I was out. 23miles in the morning before it really got going and 18miles in the evening which was mostly back into it. Mate of mine got out in the afternoon and got 10 KOMs, mind he was blooming slow coming back!
Here's a couple of pics of the cycle path from the afternoon trip;
20171016_174222.jpg

20171016_174552.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I definitely wouldn't go for a ride today. The storm has got worse since yesterday. Howling winds and stuff flying through the air. I've just seen a bin bag floating about 20ft up in the air. Imagine that hitting you in the face and blocking your vision,or it getting caught up in your wheel while you're moving.:ohmy:

As a youth I remember riding with a howling gale at my tail , grinning from ear to ear as flying roof tiles smashed down on the road around me.

Forty odd years later I am grateful to have learnt that invincibility is only in the mind and stayed off the bike yesterday.

Top Bottom