Has anyone bought from Bike-Discount.de?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lulubel

Über Member
I'm looking on their site, and all the prices are listed as "final price incl. 21% VAT" (21% is the VAT rate in Spain, so that's correct.)

Does that mean I need to add VAT to the prices shown, or the price includes VAT? It isn't really clear, and makes a big difference when you're looking at €1,000+ bikes.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
I live in the UK and I paid the price on screen which included vat at 19% for Germany and the P&P was free. I have not paid any charges here for import or vat. Which I understand is the EEC way of doing business.
Service was fine via mail too, mails were in english.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
includes VAT but doesn't include delivery. You'll find most of the folk on here that have use them rave about them price wise.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Can't speak for Spain, but they're good to the UK, often cheapest around, prices usually need about £5 extra for delivery but are often still cheaper. :smile:

zoxed

Über Member
For inter-EU orders VAT must be paid at source, at the current rate in that country, and no additional VAT/duties etc can be levied. Equally no VAT refunds even of your local VAT rate is lower than the source.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Lulubel: I have bought my Marathon winters from bike discount.de about 2 weeks ago.
The total price was as on screen, delivery to the UK £ 5.00.
Excellent service, delivered 3 days after ordering on choosing the cheapest delivery option.
The gigantic box was a wee bit of an overkill :smile:

Graham1426

Purchased a turbo trainer, defo the cheapest with rapid delivery for £5. Brilliant. Service.

Robwiz

Regular
Yes. Bought a turbo trainer – really competitive price and delivery was quicker than I expected, about three days.

Haffers

Same as some of the above, great price for turbo trainer as well as pair of Shimano 105 brakes (at 2/3 the price seen anywhere else) and delivered in 3 days for a delivery charge of just over £5 :-) Result!

Top Bottom