Have you done your first ride of 2017 yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Not yet. I went for my now traditional coastal New Year's Day walk, about 20KM of it yesterday and that combined with a weekend of very late nights meant I was feeling tired today plus having to wait around for the phone guy to turn up meant no riding today. Tomorrow starts the new cycling year I think.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
33 miles yesterday, followed by another 32 today, although todays had a couple of brown lycra moments after getting caught on rapidly freezing remote country roads from 4.30pm.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Not yet. I have however gone for a bit 30 minute walk. The roads and lanes are far too ice for me. However, unlike last year when I lost it big time and didn't go out until April, I intend to do a lot more cycling this year and i hope to get a ride in by the end of this week.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
nope :angry:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
You could today. On an average summer day you can't even see the spit of land to the right, where Asda and the ferry terminal are :whistle:.

That Asda wasn't there when I lived on Arran. Apparently with the Road Equivalent Tariff making fares so cheap it's having a real impact on the Arran businesses.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
January 1st was wet and horrible here, which combined with the traditional hangover meant no riding.

But today dawned bright and sunny, if somewhat cold and I managed a steady 25 miles:

https://www.strava.com/activities/818593191/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-GB&v=1483361755

As a bonus I've placed first this year on several segments^_^

Have you got out this year yet?
Back to work tomorrow so back on the saddle!.

Tomorrow for me too, Sunday was 4 degrees and piddling down + we had new years dinner + daughters birthday party to host .Today took mini ck 1 to walk in health centre with suspected bladder infection (hes ok but with kidney problems gotta be careful ) and mrs ck at work .

Did 4 turbo sessions over the week but no proper rides as its been frosty and why risk it when i can turbo it .

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Yesterday was too wet & miserable so it was a cleaning & fettling day. My first ride was back to work this morning where I had to sit in a cold office watching others enjoying the lovely riding weather.

Top Bottom