Have you done your first ride of 2017 yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup, a not-quite-as-quick-as-I'd-hoped seven mile spin at teatime today. Was really hard work and much too cold, but felt all the better for it when I got home. And it was a nice excuse to sit by the fire with a hot chocolate afterwards :blush:

snorri

Legendary Member
I used the bike to get me to some shores I had not beachcombed for a while.
It was a cold damp day and walking the beach was more enjoyable than the cycling.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Yes and I wish I hadn't! I'm writing this in a HUGE amount of pain.

I went out about 11am yesterday and the roads were icy in patches so after 6 miles or so, I decided the track would be safer so I rode down to the Steven Burke facility and cycled round that (it's 1 kilometre per lap). The straights and top bend were fine as the sun had got to that and melted all the ice. The bottom bend however was NOT fine! There were a pair of....people getting their exercise riding around on bikes with motors (!) and on passing them into the bend, I hit a patch of ice under the trees so not visible and lost control going down on my left hand side. My knee is grazed and my hip has had the top layer of skin ripped off but joint is painless. The shoulder and upper arm though took the full brunt and are extremely sore. It was torture trying to lie in a position I'd get some sleep last night.

pauldavid

Veteran
Not yet, it's been too icy/slippery and I have managed to catch the lurgy.

However, its a couple of degrees warmer today so might go soft pedalling round the park after dinner to get started against my target

Jimidh

Veteran
Yes I done a wee 45 miler on NYD down through East Lothian to try to avoid the icy roads on the more uphill routes I prefer.

Hopefully I'll get out on the MTB later today.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Yes - to the shops and back on New Years Day. It was only a mile but the temperature was barely above freezing.

Mrs M

Guru
:smile: Yes
In Tenerife and hired a lovely mountain bike.
First ride was 3 hours (forgot my padded shorts) :blush: so am strengthening my leggies by standing up. Been all over the place, stopped for a snack and cold beer (naughty) at a wee beach hut, very relaxing watching waves crashing over the rocks.
Nice BMC bike, would be a good add to my collection :whistle:
Can't put any pics, internet not good :angry:

Top Bottom