Have you done your first ride of 2017 yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes I have, 20 miles on the ice bike on new year's day :sweat:
Went for a walk today, back on the bike tomorrow, the forecast is mild.

upload_2017-1-2_21-56-48.png

First race of 2017 for me.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've had my parent's visiting for the last few days, so the only ride I've managed was the 1.9km return trip to church on Sunday. My cycling and first 5:2 fast day start tomorrow when I go back to work.

Renmurew

Veteran
Deciding to join the metric half century challenge for 2017 meant that I was really keen to make a great start to the year so got my first 50k ride under my belt yesterday:bicycle: even though it started raining as soon as I left the house and only cleared up for about 5 miles in the middle of the ride. I never saw another cyclist out and about, I guess everyone else had more sense and was tucked up and home in front of a nice warm fire. I was cold, wet and weary when I returned home, BUT I was the fastest cyclist of the year on EVERY one of the segments that I covered yesterday!! Go me!!!! :boxing:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
No. There wasn't a ride of note in the last quarter of 2016 either. My motivation has gone. It was a struggle today even to be bothered to fit the mudguards to the bike.

I haven't even contemplated a ride in ages. I even missed the Cannock ride with the retrobike mob this year.

Top Bottom