Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 4) Yes, once.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5) Yes, of course.

• 6) Yes, several times.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Disgruntled Goat said:
Who are the sanctimonious gits who have voted 'No, never and not likely to be'?

I was arrested for criminal damage after snapping off a twig thinner than my little finger, evil bastard that I am.

Me:smile:

Mortiroloboy

I haven't, but I have arrested lots of other people, hopefully none of you! My Dad was arrested three years ago for harassment, he was 81, yes he had 'technically' broken the law, but Had I been the officer and my Dad been an 81 year old random bloke I'd have found a way not to arrest him, they (Kent Police) well the custody sergeant, was very good, we had a long chat on the phone and we shared a consensus of opinion about the need for arrest, or not. Must run in the family, his mother was arrested and spent a week in Lewes Gaol, she was one of Emily Pankhursts gang! I have her votes for women sash, it's one of my most treasured possessions.

Mortiroloboy

Uncle Mort said:
I was arrested twice in my twenties. In both cases it was clear that I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and they needed to round a few people up to make it look like they were doing something. Both times there was no charge and the police were never actively unpleasant - although I have seen that happen as well.

Presumably we are talking pre Scarman/PACE here? Personally I have never arrested someone to make it "look like I was doing something", the words 'wrongful' 'arrest', 'discipline' and 'sack' spring to mind!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't say I've ever been in trouble with the cops.

Other than them coming round my house as a kid and telling my parents I'd been cycling on the pavements in the village centre..... my parent's weren't too chuffed with the cops - i.e. go and catch folk breaking the law !

Tetedelacourse

I had a Trainspotting moment at school when I tried to nick a cassette single (BLur I think) from Virgin on Princes St in Edinburgh. The alarm went off when I left the shop and I made it to the next block before the security guard literally collared me. My first words to him perhaps showed a chink in my robot-like resolve: "Don't tell my Mum".

He let me off with a lifetime ban after he realised I was

a)bricking it
b)didn't have the money for the fine (£20)
c)didn't have the money for the cassette (£1.99)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I was once put in handcuffs by a policeman because i asked what the chanes was of me getting away from him if i was arrested. So he decided to show me how he could break someones wrist with the hand cuffs. He didnts break my wrists though.
He demonstrated on me how he can make someone stand up or fall to the ground with the pressure point behind the ear.
I did get to have a play with the policemans kosh thingy, which i thought was amazing. Good fun to thump it on the floor to get it collapsed. Wasnt too keen on me wacking him with it though. :biggrin:
Thats about as uch as i have ever had happen, and the only time the police have realy spoke to me.

graham56

Guru
Joe24 said:
I did get to have a play with the policemans kosh thingy, which i thought was amazing. Good fun to thump it on the floor to get it collapsed. Wasnt too keen on me wacking him with it though.

I thought you could be arrested for that. :biggrin:;):tongue:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Do you realise how hard it was to try and put it in words that couldnt be turned:blush: :biggrin:
The policewoman that was there winked and told me the cuffs could go home;)

graham56

Guru
Joe24 said:
Do you realise how hard it was to try and put it in words that couldnt be turned:blush: :biggrin:
The policewoman that was there winked and told me the cuffs could go home;)

I don`t think i really want to know.:tongue:

yenrod

I got arrested once for being in the wrong place, totally innocently, as they where looking for at least 3 of a gang of 5 and they had 2 so they pulled me to make 3...

CUE: a pretty bad day of my life at 16yrs (I was very innocent then)...a police cell is not funny either way !

I'll never forget the name of the policeman who actually did it too !

Still, its not something I think of a lot BUT not something to trumpet about - yet it was injustice!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've done the have a go hero bit a couple of times by chasing and bringing down people being chased by security guards and Police. I knew being a 100m and 200m sprinter for the school team would come in useful one day.
It was a long time ago though and I don't think I would risk it now.

Top Bottom