Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 4) Yes, once.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5) Yes, of course.

• 6) Yes, several times.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

ChrisKH said:
1977 GBH (CPS failed to convict)

1981 Possession with intent to supply (Got off due to lack of evidence)

1984 Attempted Murder (Charge dropped)

1988 Possession of a banned substance. Fine and community service.

1994-2002 Several Rohypnol related cases. None proven.

2006 Sectioned for wearing lycra in a public place and habitual lying.

I did get arrested at 15 when I picked half a brick off a pathway and threw it into a frozen pond. The half brick was part of a garden wall next to a path that had been knocked down. House owner accused me of knocking the wall down and restrained me physically, taking away my schoolbag to prevent me doing a runner (it had my name and address on). Police arrested me, interviewed me and then released me because of a lack of evidence (criminal damage charge I suppose). That one's true.

Thats really heavy Chris - i recall whilst on dinner once at dinner time (in school but out at the local shopping area) messing with a cashpoint, a midland bank type, which had a clear retractable screen and someone had just used it so I decided to stop it from descending fully next min. a copper puts me in a headlock !

Talkabout overkill !

Though I do recall calling him something he didnt like WHILST HE WAS TRYING TO BRAKE MY NECK ! :smile: And the police wonder why they're hated in some instances :biggrin:

Patrick Stevens said:
Me, for one - I'm not on a list of the "politically dodgy." :biggrin:

Patrick, you are a solicitor, part of the biggest criminal gang in the UK.

What did Woody Guthrie once sing?:

Yes, as through this world I've wandered
I've seen lots of funny men;
Some will rob you with a six-gun,
And some with a fountain pen.

:smile:

I had a fight with a policeman on Dunfermline high street once. He started it. There was a fair amount of blood once we were finished. BTW I wasn't arrested for that one. The other cops that showed up told me it was "my lucky day" and to be on my way!!

Disgruntled Goat said:
Patrick, you are a solicitor, part of the biggest criminal gang in the UK.

What did Woody Guthrie once sing?:

Yes, as through this world I've wandered
I've seen lots of funny men;
Some will rob you with a six-gun,
And some with a fountain pen.

:biggrin:

The reference to a six gun described estate agent, very few of whom would be literate enough to use a fountain pen.

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
I got arrested once for being in the wrong place, totally innocently, as they where looking for at least 3 of a gang of 5 and they had 2 so they pulled me to make 3...

CUE: a pretty bad day of my life at 16yrs (I was very innocent then)...a police cell is not funny either way !

I'll never forget the name of the policeman who actually did it too !

Still, its not something I think of a lot BUT not something to trumpet about - yet it was injustice!

Bollox! Come on, tell us about the Hacienda days Mister D! Or are your memories from that period really that hazy?

Disgruntled Goat said:
Not necessarily, he was singing about criminals in general and how some break the law to rob whist some use the law to rob

As a profession the problems we have are:

1. We represent criminals
2. We are asked to push the rules as far as we can for clients, and unlike acccounts, are not doing it in the noble cause of reducing tax payments
3. We act for people in adversariable situations such as divorce. "My ex wife told me that she didn't want to clean me out but her solicitor insisted."
4. We're thought of as too clever by half.

Patrick Stevens said:
4. We're thought of as too clever by half.

Really?

I defending myself in court once. The two cases that were in front of mine were for the same offence. The Sheriff was fairly blunt that he was not going to accept any excuses. Of course both lawyers tried to make excuses. The judge remanded both defendant. I went up (sh_tting myself at what I had just witnessed) and put my hands up and made my apologies. I wasn't remanded.:sad:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I've been arrested plenty of times in protests and non-violent direct action for peace, social justice and environmental causes. Never been convicted of anything, because on the whole the police never turned up to court, or in some cases were forced to pay compensation for wrongful arrest.

betty swollocks

large member
I've been arrested once - three summers ago and was let off with a warning, but not before I had a mugshot done, DNA and fingerprints taken. I found this deeply humiliating and would never wish to repeat it.
I was in my local high street which is pedestrianised and had just come out of Tescos with a carrier bag containing three bottles of water. Suddenly, I heard the roar of a car engine and saw a BMW dodge round the bollards and drive very quickly in my direction, scattering pedestrians.
The driver, a middle-aged man in collar and tie halted his car by me and went to a cashpoint. I politely pointed out to him that the road was for pedestrians and cyclists only and was promptly told to "Fukc off!"
I then went and stood in front of his car and refused to move, when he had completed his transaction and wanted to drive off. In fact, I refused several times and it was after this that he revved his car and drove into me. This is when I lost my temper. I shouldn't have done, but I did. At the last moment I skipped aside and swung my carrier bag against his windscreen. He took the skin off both of my shins with his bumper and in return, he got my carrier bag and contents on his lap. I recall my surprise as I saw his windscreen cave in, as I fully expected the carrier bag and contents just to burst. Anyway, he then roared off.
Minutes later a cycling Policeman hove into view and I flagged him down and apprised him of what had just happened. Witnesses offered to back me up and my bleeding shins was fairly incontrovertible proof.
They caught up with the BMW driver. I don't know what happened to him and I actually don't care.
I am neither proud or ashamed of this brief episode in my life, but I should say though that at all times the Police treated me with courtesy and respect, while at the same time having to do their job.

Top Bottom